Tochal ski area

Tochal ski area

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 35.88490°N / 51.42000°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Skiing
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 13005 ft / 3964 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Tochal ski resort is the 5th highest ski resort in the world. The base is 3545m high and the top of the resort is 3850m high. The ski season usually starts with the first storm which is normally in late October or early November. The resort is open till the first day of summer (June 22nd). The resort has two chairlifts and one drag lift.
Tochal ski resort


Tochal hotel at the base of the resort is a fancy one with 30 rooms and suites. To get to the resort you need to go to the end of the Velenjak Ave. in Northern Tehran, and ride the Tochal gondola (telecabin). Tochal gondola was the longest gondola in the world (7.5km) when it was built in 1978. It takes about 45 minutes to go from the first station (1600m) to the 7th station (3730m). There is another ski resort at the 5th station (2950m). You can ski from the 7th station to the 5th.
Tochal HotelTochal hotel

Tochal ski resort

Tochal ski resort


If you get bored skiing in the resort, you can hike up to the summit of Mt. Tochal and see a spectacular view of the Central Alborz.

Looking NE


Getting There

Go to the end of the Velenjak Ave. in Northern Tehran, and ride the Tochal gondola (telecabin).

Shah Neshin

Red Tape

Add Red Tape text here.

Camping

Add Camping text here.

External Links

Add External Links text here.