Triangle Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
MrWasatch

MrWasatch - May 31, 2005 4:03 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Looks good... I approached Wildcat from the east last year, stopping just short of peak 9,773 due to time constraints. I'm fairly certain this is the first pictures/report of Wildcat Ridge on the net...thank you!

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - May 31, 2005 4:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Mick! Actually, I think your website was the first report and photos I'd ever seen of Wildcat Ridge, even if you didn't do the complete ridge. I read it when you first posted it, and again before taking it on myself.

Dean

Dean - May 31, 2005 6:42 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

If peaks like this don't convince those who live outside of Utah that Utah has some fantastic stuff, I don't know what will. Great page of a peak I've looked at but never thought about climbing.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jun 1, 2005 10:34 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the vote Dean! Utah really does have a lot of outstanding places. One of the amazing things to me is that I went nearly 11hours on this hike without seeing a single person, on a beautiful Saturday in May. Almost all of it within clear sight of the densely populated valley below.

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - May 31, 2005 10:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

This is a good page. I enjoy climbing the rarely climbed mountains more than the popular ones.

- Melinda

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jun 1, 2005 10:39 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the excellent vote! I also like the less frequented peaks - it seems like a few select mountains here receive the vast majority of attention while the rest go largely ignored, even though many of them are just as fun (if not more so) to climb.

EastKing

EastKing - Jun 1, 2005 1:53 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice page. Like the pictures of this mountain.

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jun 1, 2005 10:39 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for your excellent vote! Appreciate it...

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jun 1, 2005 6:16 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

When I saw the name of the peak (well, the first letters) I thought about Triangolo di Riva. You have done as good a job as Mathias when catching the mountain on your photos.

Dow Williams

Dow Williams - Jun 28, 2005 10:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

a traverse is my faviorite form of scramble, great add joseph

gjagiels

gjagiels - Jan 20, 2006 4:18 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page, getting to Triangle from Olympus really does take A LOT longer than it looks!

Joseph Bullough

Joseph Bullough - Jan 23, 2006 10:42 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks for the excellent vote!

Have a good one..............

byates

byates - Oct 19, 2009 12:20 pm - Hasn't voted

From Neffs Canyon

Climbed it from Neffs 10/18/09. Used the Chadbourne Crag trail, then scrambled and minor bushwacked the ridge above to the base of the northface. We considered a few routes directly up the face but with snow on the ledges and not having any protection we opted to descend the boulder field to the west 200 vert, climb the gully at the west base and attain Wildcat and climbed via the standard route. A gully on the east out of Thomas Fork would also be feasable with class 2-3 climbing. We continued on Wildcat to the top of Neffs and and went back down Neffs. 7 Hrs round trip.

Viewing: 1-13 of 13
Return to 'Triangle Peak' main page