Urdeni Do - Mliječni Do approach

Urdeni Do - Mliječni Do approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.10000°N / 19.00000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Soa Nebeska wall from Šareni Pasovi

Šareni Pasovi (2248 m) (Štit) is one of most spectacular, unique and recognizable peak of DURMITOR mountain range. Šareni Pasovi with its attractive outlook attract the attention of many mountaineers, but just few of them decide to climb this beautiful peak. That's the reason why is today very difficult to find some photos on the Web taken from the summit of Šareni Pasovi.

Approach to Šareni Pasovi summit is possible only from its eastern side, from Mliječni Do basin. Of course, you can come here from Škrka Lakes Valley via Samar (2075 m) pass, from Sedlo (1907 m) pass via Surutka Valley, but the shortest, easiest and optimal approach is from Dobri Do valley via Urdeni Do and Mliječni Do.

Getting There

Šareni Pasovi from Mliječni Do

Gateway to Durmitor National Park and Sareni Pasovi (Stit, 2248 m) peak is Zabljak (1456 m) town. Information how to get there:

By Plane
~To Beograd (Belgrade, Serbia&Montenegro capital) airport. Than with plane to Podgorica, capital of Montenegro, or with bus or car to Zabljak town.
~To Podgorica airport. Than with bus or car to Zabljak town.

Information about flights find on the sites of JAT Airways, a former Yugoslav airlines, or on Montenegro Airlines.

By Bus
~Beograd (Belgrade)-Zabljak
~Podgorica-Zabljak
~Niksic-Zabljak
~Pljevlja-Zabljak

Buses go to Zabljak from Beograd (Belgrade) twice a day and from Podgorica, Niksic, Pljevlja and Mojkovac several times per day.

By Car
~Beograd (Belgrade)-Zlatibor-Nova Varos-Prijepolje-Pljevlja-Zabljak
~Niksic - Savnik (47km) - Zabljak (37km): 84km; Niksic to Zabljak approach from south.
~Niksic - Savnik (35km) - Zabljak (37km): 72km;
~Podgorica - Niksic (55 km)-Savnik (47 km)-Zabljak (37 km): 139 km; Add this length if you are going to Zabljak from Podgorica via Niksic. Road to Niksic from Podgorica is good.
~Podgorica - Kolasin (71km) - Mojkovac (21km) - Zabljak (67km): 159km; road is good all the way to Zabljak. Behind Podgorica (56m) you go inside Moraca River canyon (one of spectacular Montenegrin canyons). It is up to 1000 m deep and has wild sides. That's spectacular drive. After that, from "Djurdjevica Tara" bridge to Zabljak - 23 km.

Route Description

From the slopes of Šareni Pasovi

DOBRI DO - URDENI DO - MLIJEČNI DO - ŠARENI PASOVI: 2h

First of all, you should reach Dobri Do valley. The place (1722 m) where you can leave your car near the asphalt road in Dobri Do valley is placed about 500 m before the parking place near Šarban spring.

Here you can notice first marks to Bobotov Kuk. From here starts the route to Šareni Pasovi. Very soon you'll enter in Urdeni Do basin which is mostly grassy. After that you'll come in Mliječni Do basin from where you can notice the massif of Šareni Pasovi on the left side. Here the marked path continue in direction to Zeleni Vir lake, but you must leave this market path and follow the unmarked path to reach the place belowe Šareni Pasovi peak. Preciselly, you must go away from Šareni Pasovi comming belowe the end of its eastern side. Here starts the ascend to Šareni Pasovi and after 50 m you'll notice the narrow rocky gate, which is entrance to the path to the summit ridge of Šareni Pasovi. Following this path you'll ascend to the summit ridge on the mostly grassy terrain. The best option is to ascend on the middle of the massif, from where you can see right peak of Šareni Pasovi (2248 m). After about 30 min you'll stay on summit ridge of Šareni Pasovi, from where you can enjoy in many beautifully views and panoramas.

After that, you can try to reach both summits of Šareni Pasovi massif, Štit (2236 m) on the left side and Šareni Pasovi (2248 m) summit on the right side, looking in direction of Škrka Valley. But be careful, the ascent on both summits is very dangerous and exposed, so you'll must use the roop and other gear to protect yourself during ascend and descend from those two summits.

But, to reach the top of summit ridge of Šareni Pasovi peak is also enough, because from the summit ridge you can admire the view of the highest peaks of Durmitor and to beautiful Škrka Lakes Valley.

Descending on the same way how you ascended before.

 
From Mliječni Do
 
From Rocky Gate
 
Summit ridge

Essential Gear

For that route you don't need some special gear. If you climb Šareni Pasovi in Winter or early Spring, when the snow is on the mountain, use of ice axe and crampons is recommended.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.