West Demming Mountain

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.60372°N / 106.20625°W
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 12736 ft / 3882 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

West Demming Mountain is a fun peak to explore. It has kind of everything. Gentle flower filled tundra slopes to the South. Short but sporty climbs on its East and North Ridge (Class IV). Valleys full of ponds in the North and great views of the Southern Gore Range from its summit.

Getting There / Route

The main trail heads for West Demming Mountain are:

North Tenmile Creek Trailhead: 

I 70  Exit 201 (Frisco) - trailhead parking is right after the exit ramp. 

No overnight parking is allowed.

Hike on the trail to the upper reaches of North Tenmile Creek Valley. The  trail will eventually just fade away into the undergrowth. Keep on hiking thru the forest until you are below the summit block. A short and easy climb will get you to the summit. This would be a very long day hike.

Vail Pass Trailhead:

I 70 Exit 190 (Vail Pass) - parking on the West of the Interstate, cross the bridge to trailhead on the East of the Interstate.

Hike thru flower filled meadows and along gentle tundra slopes to the summit.

Gore Creek Trailhead:

I 70 Exit 180 (Vail) - turn on Bighorn Road and drive to the trailhead

Gore Creek Trailhead gives access to the Northern Slopes of West Demming Mountain.

View of Mt SilverthorneView of Mt Silverthorne

Red Tape

You will hike in the Eagle's Nest Wilderness - please abide to all wilderness regulations.

When to Climb

West Demming Mountain can be climed year round from the South. From the North best season is spring to late fall.

Camping

Plenty of good camp sites in the valleys around West Demming Mountains

 



Children

Children

Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.