long time ago ...
25 years ago I decided I had to see the Jungfrau group !!!
I had only few days free so I studied a route that could optimize the time :
1 summit a day
even for the travel days ...
so : 4 days = 4 summits : 3 higher than 4000m, the 4th one a little lower.
Some phone calls and I put together a team of 10 ski-mountaneers, the perfect number to get a special discount for the travel : yes I decided to make the Jungfrau tour using the railway.
I didn't book the refuges because my (our) goal was to make as much as possible in a hurry and a reservation normally means programmed stops so, let's go with all food and gear in our backpack, ready to sleep even in the open air if refuges are full :)
Milano - Brig - Spiez - Interlaken - Grindelwald - Jungfrajoch - Monch - Obermonchjochhuttea good and intense day
- the Eiger from Grindelwald is really horrible !
- the Eiger from Kleine Scheidegg is really splendid
- the Eiger north wall from the Stollenloch is really horrible
- don't ask me my feelings when at the Junfraujoch !!!
- the Monch : a good digression and the idea of leaving on the ski track the backpack was shrewd
Obermonchjochhutte - Gross Fiescherhon - Finsteraarhornhuttealmost a day of rest and relax,
- the trip was very fine and complete
- the ending ridge, without the backpack was really amusing
- the downhill to the Finsteraar Hut was in almost perfect snow and on wonderful slopes : 10 !!
- the refuge was totally full but we didn't care, out on the terrace till the dark then few hours on the floor under the tables till the start of the "hard day"
Finsteraarhornhutte - Finsteraarhorn - Weisnollen - Konkordiahuttea hard day started in the deep of the night !!!
- Finsteraarhorn deserves a 10 !
- once back at the refuge a little digression up to the Weisnollen (fine pano on Konkordiaplatz)
- descend toward the Konkordia
- a painful climb to get the Konkordiahutte ; more than 100m of difference in elevation with the backpack on our shoulders (but the skis were left down !!!)
Konkordiahutte - Hollandiahutte - Ebnefluh - Blatten-Goppenstein - Milana long but relaxing day
- a long cross to get the Hollandiahutte and leave the backpack
- a fine climb to the Ebnefluh ... some helicopters used to carry tourist just some 150-200m under the summit : they have spent a lot of money but haven't done the finest part of the downhill :)
a looooong descent till Blatten then Goppestein and a good travel to Milan hurting the nostrils of the "normal" travellers (in our backpack there was no room fot toilette articles)
... so why ?
am I telling about it now ?
I think that this could be the year (snow is really abundant) to amuse this trip
No comments posted yet.