Bullet the Brown Cloud (5.11a/b)

Bullet the Brown Cloud (5.11a/b)

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 39.76584°N / 105.21877°W
Additional Information Route Type: Sport Climbing, Toprope
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: 5.11 (YDS)
Additional Information Number of Pitches: 1
Additional Information Grade: I
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This route is a fun technical slab problem that offers nice variety from the cracks and face climbs that surround it. Fairly short and some cool movements, this route is worth your time.

Getting There

If you are coming from the Denver area,take I-70 to CO Hwy 58. Take the Boyd St exit and go to the 2nd stop sign. Go straight on Plateau following the curve right. Go left and then take the first right onto Peery Pkwy. The sign says Dead End. Go to the end of the street and take the dirt road to either the upper or lower parking lot.

If you are coming from teh Boulder area, take CO Hwy 93 south to Golden. Take a left on Washington St. Follow Washington to 1st street. Take a left on 1st and cross the bridge at the bottom of the hill. Next take a right on Partridge Cr. and turn left on Ptarmigan St., which eventually turns into Peery Pkwy.
Taking a Rest MidwayTaking a rest low on the route on a good ledge.


Follow the obvious trail to the base of the cliffs.

Bullet the Brown Cloud is located on the Brown Cloud Buttress and is route number 21 in the Falcon Guide by Peter Hubbel.

Route Description

A realtively short and technical route. Climb up on the face using the arete to move past the first 5 bolts. Move to the left after the fifth bolt to a jug rail and make one more move to the top of the block. From here there is one more bolt and some 10b moves to the anchors.
Bullet the Brown CloudNear the fifth bolt.

Essential Gear

6 qiuckdraws. The anchors are permanent cold shunts, which makes lowering very easy. A 50 meter rope is sufficient.
Tired and Chalked HandsGear.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-2 of 2
big_g

big_g - Mar 12, 2008 3:14 pm - Voted 10/10

good work on new routes but

this one still has the default text in Overview. They have both been added to the main page.

Dan Dalton

Dan Dalton - Mar 13, 2008 12:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: good work on new routes but

Thanks, I have fixed this. Glad you like them. I will try to make some more pages as I go and do more routes here. Dan

Viewing: 1-2 of 2