Fundusfeiler

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 47.11173°N / 10.86994°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Additional Information Elevation: 10102 ft / 3079 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

The Fundusfeiler is located on the Geigenkamm Ridge in the Ötztal Alps. The Geigenkamm is the easternmost of the northern ridges in the ötztal Alps and is located between the Pitztal (West) and Ötztal (East) Valleys. The summit is the middle of the Geigenkamm Ridge and is 3079 meters high. The Fundusfeiler is well known pair with the Lehner Grieskogel 3038m to the west. The mountains are separated by the Feilerscharte 2926m.

The mountain is very popular in summer. The Feilerscharte can be reached on a marked path from both north and south side. From there it is only a short scramble to the summit. Due to the three surrounding mountain huts (see below) it is possible to traverse the Fundusfeiler.
Fundusfeiler (3079m, left)...The Fundusfeiler (left), 3079 m.

Getting There

To Umhausen (Ötztal valley)

* From the north:
From Germany the easiest way to reach the Ötztal valley is to take the Inntal Highway(A12). Take driveway 123 (Ötztal) on the Inntal Highway and follow the B186 untill you reach Umhausen.
* From the south:
Here the easiest access is the Brenner Motorway, A22. Take it from Verona through Trento and Bolzano, cross the Brenner Pass and head down into the Inn Valley until you reach Innsbruck. Here turn westward on A12 and take the driveway 123 (Ötztal). From here you only have to follow the B186 untill you reach Umhausen.
* With public transport:
München - Innsbruck - Ötztal/Bahnhof. From there with the Bus to Umhausen.

To Zaunhof (Pitztal valley)

* From the north:
From Germany the easiest way to reach the Pitztal valley is to take the Inntal Highway (A12). Take driveway 132 (Imst/Pitztal) on the Inntal Highway and follow the L16 untill you reach Zaunhof.
* From the south:
Here the easiest access is the Brenner Motorway, A22. Take it from Verona through Trento and Bolzano, cross the Brenner Pass and head down into the Inn Valley until you reach Innsbruck. Here turn westward on A12 and leave the Moterway at Imst (driveway 132 Imst/Pitztal). From there you'll have to take the L16 into the Pitztal to reach Zaunhof.

With public transport: Train to Imst, bus to Zaunhof Moosbrücke, 15 minutes on foot to the start of the path to the Ludwigsburger Hütte.

1. Erlanger Hütte 2550m.


Erlanger Hütte


Getting there:

1. From Umhausen in the Ötztal (1050m) to the Vordere Leierstalalm (1800m) about 4 - 5 hours. Ascent with a taxi to the Vordere Leierstalalm is possible, then yet about 2 hours.
2. From Tumpen (936m) to the Gehsteigalm 2000m, about 2 h (ascent with a taxi possible). From the Gehsteigalm to the Erlanger Hütte 3 h.
3. From Roppen in the Oberinntal valley (706m) to the Maisalm (1631m, overnight possibility) about 2 h. And from there over the Forchheimer path about 6 h.
4. From Ötz to the Armelen Hütte (1774m), about 3 h. From there 4 h to reach the Erlanger Hütte.

2. Frischmann Hütte 2192m.


Frischmann Hütte


Getting there:

1. From Köfels (Ötztal valley, 1401m.) on the Wasserwaal path over the Schartle (2084m) to the Hintere Fundusalm (1964m). From there to on a good marked path to the hut, about 3 h.
2. From Umhausen (Ötztal valley, 1050m) to the Vordere Fundusalm (1611m), Hintere Fundusalm (1964m) and finally to the hut, about 5 h. Ascent with a taxi to the Hintere Fundusalm is possible, then about 1/2 h.

3. Ludwigsburger Hütte 1935m.


Ludwigsburger Hütte


Getting there:

1. The ascent to the hut over a marked path follows from Zaunhof (Pitztal, 1265m) in to the forest and takes about 1 1/2 hour.
2. Longer, but more comfortable is the large forest way, this will take about 2 hours.

The ascent with a mountain bike of Zaunhof on the forest way to the Ludwigsburger Hütte is possible.

Routes

Normal route from the Erlanger Hütte

From the hut on a marked path into the Leiertal valley, pass the lake at his south side. All the way through the Leiertal valley up to the Feilerscharte (2926m), wich requires some steep scrambling. From there on well terraced rocks to the summit.

Erlanger Hütte - Fundusfeiler 3 1/2 h.

Normal route from the Frischmann Hütte

From the hut in northwest direction up into the Funduskar. Follow the marked, but very steep, path to the Feilerscharte (2926m). From there on well terraced rocks to the summit.

Frischmann Hütte - Fundusfeiler 2 1/2 h.

Normal route from the Ludwigsburger Hütte

From the hut over a the Lehnerjoch (2510m). Then in southeastern direction in to the Leiertal valley. At about 2550m you'll meet with the path from the Erlanger Hütte. Then upwards to the Feilerscharte (2926m), wich requires some steep scrambling. From there on well terraced rocks to the summit.

Ludwigsburger Hütte - Fundusfeiler about 3 1/2 to 4 h.
Map FundusfeilerSelfdrawn map of the routes on the Fundusfeiler.

Maps and Guidebooks

Maps:

* Freytag & Berndt B 251, Ötztal-Pitztal-Kaunertal-Wildspitze, 1:50000, EAN: 9783850847544
* Kompass 43, Ötztaler Alpen, 1:50000, ISBN: 978-3-85491-049-7

Guidebooks:

* Kompass WB 902, Ötztal-Pitztal, ISBN: 9783854912880
* Rother Wanderführer, Ötztaler Alpen-Stubaier Alpen, ISBN 978-3-7633-4094-1

To order Kompass maps or guidebooks: www.kompass.at
To order Freytag & Berndt maps: www.freytagberndt.at
To order the Rother Wanderführer: www.rother.de

External Links

* Weather forecast
* Avalance Bulletin
* Time Table Bus
* Time Table Train

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GeigenkammMountains & Rocks