Jebel Iferouane

Jebel Iferouane

Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 31.08145°N / 7.76537°W
Activities Activities: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 13110 ft / 3996 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Jebel Iferouane is a remote peak in the Toubkal Massif. On older maps it is listed at 4,001 meters but more recent surveys list is at 3,996 meters. What it lacks in status as a 4000'er it makes up for with remoteness. 

Getting There

Access to Jebel Iferouane is guarded by high mountain tizi's (cols).

Tacheddirt - The fastest route would be to ascend Tizi n'Likemt (3,555 msl) where views of Iferouane will dominate the skyline. Descend the east slope to Azib Likemt and you will be at the base of Iferouane.

Armoud - This route will require a guide as it uses the same trail as Toubkal which is monitored and regulated carefully. Follow the Toubkal trail to Sidi Chamharouch. From Chamharouch climb east to Tizi n'Tagharat. Descend into the valley and follow the stream to Azib Likemt.

Route

Start from Azib Likemt and head east into the cwm below Iferouane. Take the right fork and ascend scree slopes up to Tizi n'Tougroudadene (3,270 msl). Follow the ridgeline as it circles from east to north.

Red Tape

Toubkal National Park Rules

When to Climb

Fall - less snow but cool conditions Winter - cold and stormy Spring - heavier snow pack and less storms 

Camping

Anywhere close to Azib Likemt



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

Central High AtlasMountains & Rocks