Nad Sitom glava

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.43000°N / 13.73000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble and hiking
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


You start on Vrsic Pass - see the main page how to come there.

a ---> The south slopes of Nad Sitom glava where this ascent goes.

Route Description



The east face and down the east slopes of Mala Mojstrovka where the normal route on Nad Siom glava goes.

From the top of Vrsic pass table will direct you towards Mala Mojstrovka. Quite steeply path ascends through the dwarf pine colonies and rare larch trees. Soon you will traverse the start of the steep scree slopes. Then you come below the east face of Mala Mojstrovka where you will see that there goes in the right direction another route but unmarked.

You must follow it and you will cross the east slopes of Mala Mojstrovka below the east face. Soon you come in the small basin below the Mala Mojstrovka on the east side and Nad Sitom glava on the south side.

From here you have many possibilities where you will reach the summit of Nad Sitom glava over the south slopes. You can go directly up and then you come to the top from the west side or you cross the south slopes and come on the top from south side.

The view from here is magnificent.

You descend by the same route.

Essential Gear


In Summer season you only need good hiking shoes but in Winter season you will need all the Winter equipment (ice axe, crampons)

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.