Based on the popular curved design (although like most brands, the smallest sizes have a straight taper), Huevos deliver solid across-the-board performance in terms of stability and ease of placement and removal. In the sideways orientation they also feature an offset taper for flares. These nuts are nearly identical to the Black Diamond Stoppers
, but the edges have been tumbled a bit longer and the heads are claimed to stick better on the cables for cleaning. Previously these were an anodized version of the BD Stoppers, however, in 2003 BD have started anodizing theirs as well.
- 13 sizes: The smallest sizes (1-3) are for aid / bodyweight placements only and should not be used as lead climbing protection or in situations where shock loading can occur.
- Huevos are tumbled longer than most to round the corners for ease of cleaning and general good looks.
- Constructed of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum.
- The steel cable is galvanized and then swedged with copper sleeves, increasing the unit's overall trength and durability. Sleeves are covered with heat shrink tubing.
- Counter-sunk holes increase cable strength and help prolong cable life.
- Each Huevo is tested to half its rated strength to ensure quality and performance.
|Nut||Width (mm)||Weight (g)||Strength (kN)|
|Whole Set||#1–#13||420|| |
Similar Products: BD Stoppers
- Climbing Magazine (2001): Editors' Choice: "Curved design delivers good all-around performace (going in, staying put, coming out). Sideways offset taper accomodates flares. Great color coding. Good value."
, DMM Wallnuts
, Metolius Curve Nut
, Wild Country Rocks