Photon 2000 LED

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Photon 2000 LED
Manufacturer Photon
Page By Erik Beeler
Page Type Nov 30, 2004 / Nov 30, 2004
Object ID 1180
Hits 3239
Vote
This powerful, keyring-size light features gold-plated contact leads that resist corrosion in damp conditions.

Its miniature dimensions of 1-1/2" x 1" x 1/4" fit on keys, zipper pulls, or can conveniently hang around your neck

Simple squeeze-and-release switch puts efficient light literally at your finger tips

Made from glass-filled polyurethane for strength, impact- and abrasion-resistance

Four highly-visible LED colors to choose from--select the right light to suit your need

Certified for space flight by NASA

White and blue are the brightest lights, providing 12-hours of continuous light on 2 lithium batteries (CR2016), included. Yellow and red supply over 100-hours of light on a single lithium battery (CR2032), included. Lithium batteries have a 10-year shelf life and are not affected by cold or heat. Made in USA.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-2 of 2

Erik Beeler - Nov 30, 2004 11:12 am - Voted 3/5

Untitled Review
Simple, little, light flash light. No frills here.



Puts out enough light to go to the bath room or find stuff around the camp or in the tent but don't try finding your way off the mountain with it but you could head down a path with it in a pinch.



Lack of a on off switch means you have to pinch it as long as you want light. The upside of this is that you can never forget to turn it off.



Not affected by cold so you get consistent light even in the dead of winter.



So light that you could clip one on your harness and never even know it was there until you got caught out in the dark trying to figure out which piece of webbing to clip into on decent...

Alan Ellis - Nov 30, 2004 3:00 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
This is a great light to put in your little emergency kit as a backup. But what I use it for the most is a tent lamp. Hang it from the ceiling of your tent and it will light up the interior so you won't have to use up your headlamp batteries. I leave it attached and stuff it with the tent.



Downs: $10.00 seems a little pricey and would be a better bargain at around $5.00.

Viewing: 1-2 of 2