STF 6 GTX

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title STF 6 GTX
Manufacturer Salomon
Page By David Donaldson
Page Type Sep 8, 2002 / Sep 8, 2002
Object ID 466
Hits 6389
Vote
Back packing and Hiking, moderate to rugged terrain
Weight 678 grams
Contagrip 2 Outsole: Engineered Optimal traction on varied terrain and surfaces, dual density
Locking cleat at midfoot: holds foot securely and independantly of collar.
One pull lacing system

Reviews


Viewing: 1-4 of 4

David Donaldson - Sep 8, 2002 5:30 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Put them on straight out of the box and walked up 2,000m and down again.

Very comfortable and solid yet they weigh next to nothing.

No blisters no sore feet. Magic.

There are so light but give tremendous support. I have actually gone out and bought a second pair as back up even though after 18 months, 3 weeks in Nepal and half a dozen 3,000m volcanos they are showing no signs of wear.

Nigel Whitt - Feb 14, 2003 9:30 am - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
No breaking in required, amazingly confortable straight from the box.

More than suitable for any kind of walking/hiking from short flat walks to 2500 metre trecks.

The ridgidity is exellent for such a light boot, yet not stiff and tight.

locking lace system works a treat.

On a downer, they do seem quite slipy in the snow.

TimMcCabe32 - Mar 26, 2003 4:30 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
Cannot seem to make them fail. I have tried and tried to find one area in which these boots do not exceed my expectations and so far I have not. Whether treking on dry land or peak bagging in the Cascades, the GTX simply preforms.

Alpin_Rise - Nov 23, 2004 6:59 am - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
It's one of the best hiking shoes I've ever worn!

They do theyr job almost everywehre, on easy mountains, longer trekks, moist underground, working outside in the woods, from hut to hut or for travelling round the world.

Thanks to the GTX, I never had any break in of water, even in the badest conditions. They do not need any treatment execpt of wasing dirt of and some nikwax spray or similar.

But the best about this boot is the durability. I've gone through one pair in about 4 years and I used them a lot. Estimated 100'000 meters of denivelation and about 1000 miles (alps and andes) and hard work made them loose the sole, but they where water-proof till the end!

Now I have my second pair and they will take me very far again! Five stars without any doubt.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4