Page Type Page Type: Mountain/Rock
Location Lat/Lon: 39.49351°N / 111.3023°W
Additional Information County: San Pete
Activities Activities: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall
Additional Information Elevation: 11070 ft / 3374 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

Peak 11070 is the northernmost 11,000-foot peak in the Wasatch Plateau a couple miles north of Lowry Top. It offers great views of north central Utah and great wildlife viewing opportunities.

Getting There

From Mount Pleasant, take E 200 S to the east as it turns into 18550 N, then eventually Forest Road 0037 at the Power Plant Park about 3.5 miles outside of town. Continue on the dirt road for 7 miles and turn right on Skyline Drive. Drive 1.5 miles south on Skyline Drive and park at the fork in the road just west of the peak.

Route

Traverse southeast for a couple hundred yards and meander up the slope between the pine trees to attain the ridgeline that is devoid of trees for a large section. Stay on the ridge to the summit.

Round-trip Distance: 2.2 miles

Elevation Gain: 584 feet

Red Tape

No permits or reservations needed. Please practice "Leave No Trace" ethics.

When to Climb

Best times are in the summer and fall due to accessibility. The snow lingers a while on the dirt roads. Winter ascents are possible but would be quite long.

Camping

There are many primitive sites but also a good number of developed campgrounds that are listed on the Wasatch Plateau page.

Additions and CorrectionsPost an Addition or Correction

Viewing: 1-1 of 1
ZeeJay

ZeeJay - Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm - Hasn't voted

Elevation

I think the 11070 on the map is the elevation of the saddle between two bumps, each of which has to be at least 11080 if you look at the contour lines. Listsofjohn.com puts the summit at the southernmost one and averages the elevation to be 11100.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1