Mt.Williamson Now Open Year Round!

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
mrchad9

Re: Mt.Williamson Now Open Year Round!

by mrchad9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:41 pm

Which way are you two going to go?

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:56 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:PS: Even though I have huge doubts in either of those EVER happening...so far only heard empty words from you on trip propositions.

Can you climb/lead consistent 5.10 or better Trad....a simple Yes or No answer is all I want. And DON'T Bullshit me either!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:can climb (not better than 5.10), not lead

Let me try this again.....

Can you climb/lead consistent 5.10 or better Trad....a simple Yes or No answer is all I want. And DON'T Bullshit me either!

A-Lex

by A-Lex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Ha! This is hilarious....

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:Climb and lead are two different things, therefore it is not a simple yes/no question. I obviously can't lead a 5.10 (and you know that), but usually am able to climb it outside on TR.

Again, doesn't make a difference for proposed Langley trip.

I will take that as a NO!

I posted consistently. All my routes are "outside" and all require one to be a consistent 5.10 "outside" trad climber as I am not a "inside" climber nor will I ever be.

Before I take your ass out anywhere into the BC and do any trad routes, we can arrange a day in Pine Creek this Spring and we can get on several trad old skool 5.9/5.10/5.11's multi-p's.

We can even go to Granite Basin and we'll get on this baby to see what ya got....

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 pm

I think Vitaliy and Chief meeting up is even less likely than me and 1000Pks.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:51 pm

Nope... have done it a handful of times and am not into Class 2/3 snow slogs any more.

Unless of course I am guiding and getting paid to do so.

SoCalHiker

by SoCalHiker » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:06 pm

LOL, sounds like the Chief crawled out of the vagina a long time ago already on a sustained 5.10+

no offense, Chief :)

A-Lex

by A-Lex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:08 pm

I'm not sure why climbing old skool 5.9/5.10/5.11 in Pine Creek is necessary as training to be in the backcountry. Plenty of moderates out there. And "Chips off the Ol' Block" is not old skool.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:49 pm

A-Lex wrote:I'm not sure why climbing old skool 5.9/5.10/5.11 in Pine Creek is necessary as training to be in the backcountry. Plenty of moderates out there. And "Chips off the Ol' Block" is not old skool.

A-Lex, we are talking about my BC routes

btw...Have you done the last two P's of Tai's COOB??

Have you been on and completed the two Old Skool Classics Rites of Spring & Shiela

Have you been on and done DR's , AB's and DH's stuff on E-Buttress, Babershop Buttress and Cyanide Cliff?

Have you done Tai's or my new multi-p trad lines on the Bighorn Wall???

And have you been on and completed this DR/RG 7 pitch Old Skool Classic....

Vitaliy M wrote:Beats staying home!

Now that is funny!

I spend six days a week in the winter,outside. Either working on the hill or climbing ice in LVC or down in the ORG or A-Hills.

Sorry Amigo, don't do Social Snow Slogs...
Last edited by The Chief on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WML

by WML » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:12 pm

A ski descent would be WAY more fun than slogalicious socializing, jussayin'

A-Lex

by A-Lex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Chief: That's fine if you were specifically talking about YOUR routes. But part of the conversation seemed to be speaking towards climbing in the backcountry in general. If not, well then my mistake.

No, I have not climbed Tai's route. My definition of old skool is, well, old. If you meant stiff ratings, well, sure maybe. I don't personally know.

You just come off as pompous and it’s quite annoying. In person you seemed nice enough, and your climbing accomplishments are awesome. But come 'on. Get over yourself.

I understand if you don't wanna climb the NE coulior of Langley, but you make it seem like you don't climb anything sub-5.10 and if people do then they can’t even be talking to you. Grades aren't even the point of climbing buddy.

I hate to haggle you, but dang dude calm down. You are not all that. You’re just a climber like the rest of us. Doesn’t matter whether it’s 5.10 or class 3 – if you’re having fun then you’re the climber doing the best right?

WML: Agreed!

WML

by WML » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Vitaliy M wrote:
WML wrote:A ski descent would be WAY more fun than slogalicious socializing, jussayin'

Than join me on a day hike of Sargent's ridge (Mt. Shasta) early spring. I will bring my board on my back so I can ride down Avalanche Gulch. How many are in?

I was talking about drip droppin' in on Langley, that would be a fun one!

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Where have we met A-Lex???

The conversation started way back on this thread A-Lex when VM questioned the authenticity of my BC projects (which are all rated 5.10+ or greater btw) and completed lines..i.e. "Doors of Perception" etc. That is the point I have with VM.

It has absolutely nothing to do with me or my Eastside accomplishments. Rather, VM types tons of shit, but he can't really climb yet, by his own admission btw.

I don't enjoy doing snow slogs or Class 2/3 lines unless I am guiding.

And, too many of you dudes take this shit far too personal and perceive way too much into what people/I write.

Pompous... that is funny.
Last edited by The Chief on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A-Lex

by A-Lex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:34 pm

Chief: I use to work at Mammoth Gear last spring/early summer. I'm the dude with dreads. I dunno, you may not remember.

Alright then I'll leave that conversation to you and VM....

Yeah pompous is funny, and kinda true at the same time...I don't have a beef with you mang. I just think you're kinda arrogant to many on this, and other, websites and somebody had to say something.

Don't worry though, I don't take it personally.

VM: I'd climb that thing with you. And I'm definitely bringing skis. Somebody's gotta flail!

PreviousNext

Return to California