It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:50 pm

News News of Asia

Site map of Asia » Forum : Asia

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.

Mountain Peak Identification Required, Northern India?

Returning from Bangkok for our family summer holiday, we flew over Northern India and took this picture of a mountain peak through the window. In my ignorance I thought I could just ask cabin staff,...... who had no idea which mountain it was. It would usually not matter, but we happened to use this particular photo to finish our photobook of the whole trip and would really like to find which mountain it is. I'm ...
Read more : Mountain Peak Identification Required, Northern India? | Views : 5962 | Replies : 9

Mt. Fuji in the winter

Has anyone climbed Mt. Fuji in the winter? Any recommendations?
Read more : Mt. Fuji in the winter | Views : 6482 | Replies : 7

Fuel Situation in Nepal

I've just been informed that my flight from Guangzhou to Kathmandu for next week has been canceled. All flights on China Southern Airlines have been canceled through the end of next week due to fuel shortages. My travel agent cannot find any other available flights. Does anybody in Nepal know what the situation there is? Has anybody heard from other international airlines that are canceling flights? What about fuel for autos in country? Any information ...
Read more : Fuel Situation in Nepal | Views : 3226 | Replies : 1

Climbing Mera Peak Nepal

I'm new to the forums and am looking to climb Mera peak possibly this November. I've posted some information in the asia climbing partners section but am also looking for some general climbing info on Mera.

Most climbs I do are solo and without a guide- I usually meet up with people at base camp and either split a guide or trek out on my own, with the enjoyment of meeting different people in different ...
Read more : Climbing Mera Peak Nepal | Views : 8393 | Replies : 10

DO I GO? CAN I DO IT? Himalayas/Nepal/Island Peak

Hello all,

I'm fairly new to this scene, and I've fallen head over heels with climbing/trekking and just want to make sure I'm not overreaching before I book this next trip to Nepal.

Here's a little background on me:

My friends and I started out innocently enough, with not-so-challenging weekend hikes in Snoqualmie, Washington (outside Seattle) found through friends' recommendations. Once a week, we would continually up the ante, pushing a little farther from sea ...
Read more : DO I GO? CAN I DO IT? Himalayas/Nepal/Island Peak | Views : 7487 | Replies : 10

Iran Climbing in November

Hi,

I would like to visit Iran in November (7 days in country). The weather isn't great around then, so I'm fairly flexible in the peaks/routes/activities involving mountaineering, canyoneering, or climbing and some time for cultural/exploring.

As an American, I will need a guide (I haven't clarified if they need to be registered in Iran) and a set itinerary prior to obtaining a visa. Does anybody have any recommendations on who I might contact for ...
Read more : Iran Climbing in November | Views : 3233 | Replies : 0

Is this a photo of Everest?

I took a photo of the Himalayas on a flight from Kathmandu to Lhasa while sitting on the right hand side of the plane. The photo appears to show two mountains that reach up above the clouds.

I showed the photo to three people who have been to Everest before. Two of them said it was Everest while the other person said it wasn't.

Can someone here confirm whether one of the mountains in the ...
Read more : Is this a photo of Everest? | Views : 6066 | Replies : 8

Ushba South

I am planning to climb Khergiani Route on Ushba in either august or september. As I understand september is more stable weather, but I am wondering how cold it might be in daytime high up where the hard rock climbing is. Any tip out there?
Read more : Ushba South | Views : 3400 | Replies : 0

Mustagata

Hello!!! I am Bruno Versiani. I have climbed Lenin Peak in 2013, and this year I
think about Mustagata. I would like information about the need of snow
rackets ... People in Kirguistan say to me that in final july and august
there is not need of rackets (only crampons). Please, if some people
have information about this...

Thanks

Bruno.
Read more : Mustagata | Views : 3443 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499