It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:11 pm

News News of Canada and Alaska

Site map of Canada and Alaska » Forum : Canada and Alaska

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Canada and Alaska. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Canada and Alaska Climbing Partners forum.

Vancouver Island: Need Surf and Summit Suggestions

My wife and I are going to celebrate our 25th anniversary this year and have decided to travel to Vancouver Island this summer. We are trying to find a place that is oceanside but yet within striking distance of some nice dayhikes and summits. Where on the island shouls we be looking? Anyone know of some nice secluded cabins or houses that would meet that criteria? Any advice appreciated!
Read more : Vancouver Island: Need Surf and Summit Suggestions | Views : 1930 | Replies : 1

Ski Plane available in SW B.C.

Hello,

I have had many comments from people that did not know a less expensive winter air transportation option existed... so.

I would like to offer our services to aid your backcountry adventures. We have a "Beaver" ski plane based at the Pemberton airport. Let me know if you need a lift. http://www.tyaxair.com

My appologies for the self promotion - have a nice day, here's a pic from one ...
Read more : Ski Plane available in SW B.C. | Views : 2614 | Replies : 3

Entry level spring climb.

There is a possibility I may be accompanying my family on a ski trip to Whistler this spring. Any ideas for a class 1 or 2 climb around those parts?
Read more : Entry level spring climb. | Views : 1623 | Replies : 3

Banff/Canmore 9/15/12 - 9/24

My wife and I are looking for a place for the week. It looks like on VRBO the rentals are for one month per local ordinance laws. We have an RCI exchange that you can likely pick where YOU want to go. If you have a place in Canmore we can exchange. Send me a PM
Troy

Edit- We will be there 9/15 - 9/24 this year, anybody else? We have a place too......send me ...
Read more : Banff/Canmore 9/15/12 - 9/24 | Views : 5476 | Replies : 11

Current Alberta (vs. Ouray) ice climbing conditions?

Greetings fellow climbers,

a friend & I have been procrastinating planning a weeklong ice climbing trip that I've wanted to do for awhile now. My thing is I want to do it in January. His thing is he can either do it the week of Jan. 3rd, or in March (less desirable for me). Basically what I'm saying is I'm trying to figure things out for the week of Jan. 3rd.

Unseasonably high temp's in ...
Read more : Current Alberta (vs. Ouray) ice climbing conditions? | Views : 2745 | Replies : 3

Nipigon ice conditions?

Any info on current Nipigon/Orient Bay ice conditions?
Thanks!
Read more : Nipigon ice conditions? | Views : 1437 | Replies : 0

Hamilton Climbing?

I have heard rumors of some roped climbing outside of Hamilton an area called the snake or cobra something like that, also a cliff called The Buffalo anyone know about these crags?
(anything between the lakes would be cool)
Read more : Hamilton Climbing? | Views : 2740 | Replies : 5

Denali - West rib

Is there anyone who has climbed Denali West Rib and knows if there is any good anchoring opportunities in the first couloir when climbing alpinestyle?
If I understood everything right, it's many expeditions that use their own fixed ropes, wondering if it is for safety / speed's sake or whether it is long way between any potential anchoring places. Assuming that the snow / ice conditions do not always allow good anchor construction in the ...
Read more : Denali - West rib | Views : 10375 | Replies : 13

Mt. Russell

Evening all.

Doing research/obsessing over the next adventure and after being seduced by pictures of the North Ridge of Russell, I'm considering an attempt in late April/early May. Anyone have experience on this route/peak? Would love to get some first hand beta/stories. Thanks in advance!
Read more : Mt. Russell | Views : 2363 | Replies : 1

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558069 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136678