It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:59 pm

News News of Gear

Site map of Gear » Forum : Gear

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.

Sleeping in a RAV-4?

I'm flying out to Grand Junction in a few weeks and spending a week in Utah and western Colorado. I've reserved an SUV in a class described as RAV-4 or similar.

To save some bucks and feel a little closer to the surroundings, I would like to spend a few nights in the car. I am 6'. Every RAV-4 I see looks really small inside. Has anyone around my size slept in one? How did ...
Read more : Sleeping in a RAV-4? | Views : 51340 | Replies : 13

Featherd Friends Parkas: Rock & Ice Vs Icefall

It's already started snowing where I am way up north, and due to the major increase in my salary for moving up here, I thought I'd treat myself to a new Parka.

I've never owned a FF before but at the moment, they're who I'm looking at. The winter temps here in the Canadian north (tip of Northern Quebec, just south of Baffin Island) got down to apparently a chilly -93 degrees centigrade last year ...
Read more : Featherd Friends Parkas: Rock & Ice Vs Icefall | Views : 8449 | Replies : 5

FS: A ton of stuff... patagonia, petzl ropes, and more

also posted at cascadeclimbers.com. See pics here:
http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthr ... Post904462

Used to work in the outdoor industry and acquired way too much stuff.

Petzl Fuse 70M 9.4mm Rope, new in bag. Dry treated $150

Mountain Hardwear Tech Fleece Mens Small $50
Used but still has tons of life left.

Marmot Driclime Full Zip Jacket Mens Small Used, but tons of life left. $35

Marmot Blue Ridge Frameless Cragging pack ...
Read more : FS: A ton of stuff... patagonia, petzl ropes, and more | Views : 4342 | Replies : 11

Pants reccomendation...

Hi, I am looking for some mid-weight (softshell?) pants for hiking / climbing in cool weather. I already have lightweight non-cotton convertible (to shorts) pants and some warm insulated and waterproof pants (ski). I need something in between that breathes well, moves well with me and is usable in cool weather (30-50deg?) for hking / climbing many hours, handles precip. well etc.

I live on an island with no outdoor stores that carry anything resembling ...
Read more : Pants reccomendation... | Views : 8237 | Replies : 25

Cams

I posted something about starting a trad rack a while ago and it looks like I'm going to start buidling it now. I know I am going to get a set of B.D. stoppers and stuff but right now I'm looking at cams. I think I'll get 3-4 to start. I was originally just going to get Black Diamond Camalots sizes .5 to 2 or .75 to 3 but it seems that there are a ...
Read more : Cams | Views : 9812 | Replies : 42

Tons of stuff for sale.....updated

NEW PRICE MH Ev3. Used prob 4 times absolutely nothing wrong with it. Great tent. Perfect Condition. Inncludes all guy lines, bags, stakes, and i think i have the manual. 450 shipped.

SALE PENDING Petzl Quarks. Greta condition includes griprests installed and clipper leashes. picks have tons of life in em. 300 shipped

40 below overboots. black..i think the superlight model with the gator. i believe size large. Great shape. 75 bucks shipped

Nordica pack...i ...
Read more : Tons of stuff for sale.....updated | Views : 5605 | Replies : 9

Best Down jackets?

Ha, one more new thread for the day. I'm not seriously looking at the moment, but off and on I've considered shopping around for a good down jacket. I've tried them on, love how lightweight but well insulated the ones I've tried on are and I've heard alot of stories about how warm they keep you on those frigid winter days, but never felt like spending the money to get one. Lately, however, I have ...
Read more : Best Down jackets? | Views : 34169 | Replies : 27

soft shell jackets

Before winter hits I would like to get one. I know people who love the moutain hardware alchemy jacket. Also interested in the marmot gravity jacket or sharp point one. I hear good things about Arc'teryx but idk anyone who has there stuff. What are some other good ones? How important are they?
Read more : soft shell jackets | Views : 23307 | Replies : 41

Problem with GPS

I have a Garmin eTrex Vista Cx and lately it's been giving me some strange results. Things like 12 mile trips are being logged as 60 mile trips. When I download the track info I see that some of the data points are all over the board, and some point-to-point data says I was traveling at ridiculous speeds (150+ mph) for brief periods of time. Anybody have similar issues or know what the problem might ...
Read more : Problem with GPS | Views : 7928 | Replies : 43

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557998 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136523