It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 pm

News News of Colorado

Site map of Colorado » Forum : Colorado

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the U.S. Rocky Mountains. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Colorado Climbing Partners section.

Uncompahgre Peak Mid-October Conditions

Finally got some time off this weekend and I've been wanting to summit Uncompahgre. Any idea if it will be snowy/icy? I'd like to be able to see the trail. Someone posted a trip report last week on the 14er website and it looked pretty good. Also, where is the trailhead on Nellie Creek road? I've heard the road is kind of a wreck so I'm more nervous about the drive.
Read more : Uncompahgre Peak Mid-October Conditions | Views : 3963 | Replies : 2

VIDEO - Summiting Mt. Evans (14,264') from Guanella Pass

Click Here to watch the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ6TOl08Ve8

Hi all,

On Tuesday, (9/27/16) I did the Guanella Pass route to Evans' West Ridge. Also did Mt. Spalding on the way. It was a great day, perfect weather and very rewarding. Hope you like the video!

I am new to video and if you have any feedback on how I could make future videos better, please let me know on here so I can continue to ...
Read more : VIDEO - Summiting Mt. Evans (14,264') from Guanella Pass | Views : 3341 | Replies : 0

Missing Climber: Maroon Bells, Pyramid

David Cook (our missing climber) was seen talking to and maybe pointing at landscape with another or other climbers on Tuesday Morning 9/20/2016 at Maroon Lake between 0700 and 0900 heading in the direction of the approach routes, small pack , blue helmet likely attached to pack

David walked with someone and was seen and maybe photographed talking to someone who appeared to be dressed and equipped as a climber

We are hoping to find ...
Read more : Missing Climber: Maroon Bells, Pyramid | Views : 3255 | Replies : 0

VIDEO - Join me on the summits of some Colorado 14ers!

Hi all!

The Decalibron Loop is a trail in the US state of Colorado. It is a series of FOUR 14ers (a mountain with an elevation over 14,000 ft) - Mt. Democrat, Mt. Cameron, Mt. Lincoln, and Mt. Bross. I burned over 4,000 calories on this hike and welcome you to join me on the summits of these powerful mountains.

Here is the video I made of my trip around Decalibron! As I mentioned in ...
Read more : VIDEO - Join me on the summits of some Colorado 14ers! | Views : 2869 | Replies : 0

Missouri this Friday

Anybody have any beta on the conditions around the collegiate peaks? I'm thinking about hiking Missouri this Friday. Anybody that is interested is more than welcome to join us Thursday night at the camp site and Friday. We are two slow flattlanders, so you're probably best on your own during the climb. Or, you could give us a 2 hour head start and we'll see you on the summit ridge. I'm kind of thinking the ...
Read more : Missouri this Friday | Views : 3152 | Replies : 1

PSA: Fall Creek/Notch Mtn Trail Closure

NOTICE: Per the Forest Service, the Fall Creek and Notch Mountain Trails are closed while a small fire is let to burn out. The fire is near the trail split at the bottom of the Notch Mtn Trail. Right now there are no plans to fight it, just let it burn, as its not impacting anything and appears to be protected from spreading by natural barriers.

This means you will not be able to hike ...
Read more : PSA: Fall Creek/Notch Mtn Trail Closure | Views : 3343 | Replies : 0

Massive&Elbert loop help

Group of 2 planning on tackling these two mountains the end of this month. But we totally plan on taking our sweet time and making it a 3 night/4 day type of trip. We DO NOT want to come back to the truck in the middle or between mountains.

Secondly, and this may sound dumb, we'd rather take the more isolated less-popular routes. We know these are popular choices for climbs, especially this time of ...
Read more : Massive&Elbert loop help | Views : 4060 | Replies : 2

Grade II-IV Fourteeners for Solo Grade II-IV Fourteeners for Solo

Hi folks,

I will be traveling to Denver in August and will have 3-4 days for climbing. Looking for some good Class II-IV 14ers for solo. Thinking about these peaks next to Denver/Colorado Springs:

Front - Grays & Torreys, Evans (Class II)
Front - Longs Peak (Class III)
Sawatch - Harvard, Yale, Columbia (Class II)

Would appreciate your thoughts on other interesting peaks in the Front Range/Sawatch.

Also, what's the ultimate guidebook for Colorado Fourteeners ...
Read more : Grade II-IV Fourteeners for Solo | Views : 5002 | Replies : 6

Hinterlands iOS App - $100 Aspen Climbing promo code

Hey guys,

We're a small venture backed startup out of Boston doing a pilot program in Aspen with a few guide companies this summer. Beginning an initial, small public roll out and would love to get your feedback. Check out our brief []http://gohinterlands.com/product-video.html that will give you an overview of what we're building.

Looking to recruit existing insured + accredited guides as well. Working with Inkwell Media (http://inkwell.media) ...
Read more : Hinterlands iOS App - $100 Aspen Climbing promo code | Views : 3213 | Replies : 0

Hiking a 14er - which one, when?

Hi All,

I've been thinking of hiking up Pike's Peak "soon" but unable to commit to the plan because of some doubts (mostly regarding the wisdom of it for me). I hope to get some answers here in order to proceed, go elsewhere or something.

I am a hiker and not interested in, or knowledgeable about, technical climbing. I've been wanting to do a 14er for many years and have a fair idea of which ...
Read more : Hiking a 14er - which one, when? | Views : 10230 | Replies : 18

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557955 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136420