It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 6:10 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Ireland: Carrauntoohil summit via Bridia Valley

Howdy folks,

Well we nixed around Ireland with a keg and but are still headed to Carrauntoohil in July via Bridia Valley > Caher > Carrauntoohil.
Tried doing some Google Fu and checked both:

Paddy Dillion's book
The Mountains of Ireland: A Guide to Walking the Summits
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mountains-Irel ... 1852841109

and Kieron Gibbon's book
Ireland’s County High Points
http://www.collinspress.ie/irelands-cou ... oints.html

and really ...
Read more : Ireland: Carrauntoohil summit via Bridia Valley | Views : 3708 | Replies : 2

Hiking in the Pyrennes

Hello,

I'm planning 4 day loop hike/walk in the Pyrenees (14JUL to 16JUL) in the area of Benasque, Spain

I'm looking for some advice on the following routes:

Route #1- Includes Pico de Posets (preferred):
Day 1 - Benasque to Refugio Ángel Orús
Day 2 - Refugio Ángel Orús to Refugio de Biadós via Pico de Posets:
Day 3 - Refugio de Biadós to Refugio de Estós via GR11 with a hike to Pico de ...
Read more : Hiking in the Pyrennes | Views : 3062 | Replies : 2

Day trip from Genva - recommendations?

Hey, anyone have any recommendations for classic climbs that can be done in a day (ok if it is a long day) from Geneva with public transportation (possible for me to rent a car but I would rather not)? I am looking for something relatively easy/moderate since I will be alone. A beautiful ridge traverse under yds 5.6 grade (french 4a) would be perfect!!!! ...But I am also open for suggestions of mixed alpine (snow ...
Read more : Day trip from Genva - recommendations? | Views : 2630 | Replies : 2

Sicily, hiking the Peloritani, the mountains of the 2 seas

Hi,
we will do a trek through the Peloritani mountains, the range located on the East edge of the Sicily between the Ionian and Tyrrhenian seas, and because of this gifted of outstanding panorama that includes also the volcano Etna, the Aeolian islands and the Strait of Messina. Starting from Dinnamare mount over the Strait, along the ancient path named Dorsale dei Peloritani we will climb the mains peaks as the mysterious Monte Scuderi, Monte ...
Read more : Sicily, hiking the Peloritani, the mountains of the 2 seas | Views : 7086 | Replies : 10

Suggestions for hut hiking in the Italian/Swiss alps

***I am editing this from the original post about hiking in the Dolomites, my plans have changed and I will now be hiking solo and looking to go hut to hut.

My plan is to take the Bernina Express into either Italy at Tirano or Switzerland at Poshiavo, and then hike from either of those. I have about 6 days (5 nights) to hike, and I am hoping to follow a route that would let ...
Read more : Suggestions for hut hiking in the Italian/Swiss alps | Views : 4485 | Replies : 6

Crossing The Jostedal Glacier

Hi,
we'd like to cross the Jostedal glacier.

We think to start at Bødalsseter hut, from there up to
Brattebakken (http://www.ut.no/kart?lat=61.78307&lng= ... &ao=3.2212) .
According to the ut.no, there should be hike trial there.
Next over the glacier and finish desending the
Nigardsbreen (http://www.ut.no/kart?lat=61.69130&lng= ... &ao=3.2212)

I'd like to know the feasibility of this hike,because we don't prefer to hire a guide as ...
Read more : Crossing The Jostedal Glacier | Views : 2826 | Replies : 1

4 Days trek with kids in Triglav 4 Days trek with kids in Triglav

Hello,
We are a family of 4. Our kids are 13 and 10.
We plan to come and tour Triglav in the coming Summer and do a four days trek as follow:
> Day one: Savica waterfall to Koca Pri hut
> Day Two: Koca Pri hut to Dom Planika hut
> Day Three: Dom Planika hut to Vodnikov hut
> Day Four: Vodnikov hut back to the Savica waterfall (or another place near by) ...
Read more : 4 Days trek with kids in Triglav | Views : 4837 | Replies : 3

monch acclimatising

Hi, in late june i plan to solo the south east ridge of the monch,but dont fancy staying in the hut.My plan is to get the first train up and climb to the half way point on the ridge or there abouts and return back down to sheidegg where i will be staying, then return the next day and weather permitting go for the summit.I know this will be expensive but have already took this ...
Read more : monch acclimatising | Views : 2788 | Replies : 3

Caucasus: Tetnuld, Gestola and Shota Rustaveli

First of all, this is a great site and community you've all got here. I've ended up at this peak many times over the years, by different routes! I'm pleased to finally be posting here.

I'm planning a mountaineering trip to the central Caucasus this August/September. My original plan involved crossing from Georgia to Russia, or Russia to Georgia, by some as-yet-undecided route. To be clear: is such border crossing prohibited in both directions? Is ...
Read more : Caucasus: Tetnuld, Gestola and Shota Rustaveli | Views : 3805 | Replies : 4

Gastein valley ice

Anyone been to Gastein Valley, Austria for some ice climbing?
Thinking about going there for Xmas/New Year's.
Just want to hear people's opinion
Mario
Read more : Gastein valley ice | Views : 2249 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136501