It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 6:39 am

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Europe Summer 2016- seeking sport climbing partner(s)

Hi Folks,

I'll be in Europe this summer and totally free in July/August.

I'm fairly flexible as to locqtion (verdon gorge, les calanques, crags in northern spain).

I have all the requisite gear for sport climbing and im comfortable in multi-pitch. Fresh to an area I climb 10a lead, once im warmed up I can do 10b/c.

I'm down to focus on one spot or move around really I just want to climb!

Feel free ...
Read more : Europe Summer 2016- seeking sport climbing partner(s) | Views : 3474 | Replies : 2

Is it safe to climb mount KRN, slovenia in late March?

This is ging to be the first time i climbed a mountain and i have no experience. On this website it says mount KRN is an easy mountain to climb and can be climbed in all seasons. We are thinking of climbing it on the 27th of march is it safe? Please use this link for additional information: http://www.summitpost.org/krn/151654
Read more : Is it safe to climb mount KRN, slovenia in late March? | Views : 2367 | Replies : 1

5 easy/non technical German peaks?

All - first post the forum and I appreciate any feedback I receive. Recently purchased plane tickets to Dusseldorf for late May 2016, where I will be spending a week traveling around the country with family and was interested and pursuing climbing a small, non technical peak somewhere in the vicinity. When I say non technical, I more or less mean walk / scramble up and that's it. Additionally, not super high elevation or particularly ...
Read more : 5 easy/non technical German peaks? | Views : 3152 | Replies : 3

Caucasus - Dombai-Ulgen

Hello, I am ,making plans to climb Dombai-Ulgen in August. Has anyone experience from this mountain/region? I am trying to get in touch with a mountain guide office in the area. So far it seems not too easy to find one. Any recommendations are very much appreciated. /André
Read more : Caucasus - Dombai-Ulgen | Views : 3891 | Replies : 4

Looking for Norway Recommendations

Off to Norway next week for a fortnight.

Looking for recommendations for easy mountaineering routes around jotunheimen or Southern Norway. Will have all gear but my partner is only used to fourth class terrain in summer and ski touring in winter. So easy meaning one axe, crampons, 3rd class type terrain...

Any recommendations?
Read more : Looking for Norway Recommendations | Views : 2465 | Replies : 0

Mont Blanc on your own as a beginner.

Hello,

I'd like to ask more experienced people whether climbing Mont Blanc with my fiancee is within the limits of acceptable risk.

The plan is to go do a mountaineering course such as this: http://www.chamonix-guides.eu/Produit/4 ... vities.htm and after that, go climb Mt Blanc in a couple of days. Preferably the Tacul-Maudit-Blanc route back and forth.

My fiancee has no beforehand mountaineering/climbing experience whatsoever.

I have some experience walking ...
Read more : Mont Blanc on your own as a beginner. | Views : 20289 | Replies : 7

Dolomites Alta Via 2

Hello everybody.

I was thinking of going to the Dolomites this July and doing the Alta Via 2. I've done a couple of climbs (Mont Blanc, Gredos) but lately I haven't been able to climb anything. I have a couple of questions if you could help me.

1) Can I rent via ferrata equipment at some hut? What's the price?
2) Do I need to book the huts with a couple of weeks in advance ...
Read more : Dolomites Alta Via 2 | Views : 6169 | Replies : 1

Advice on the Pyrenees / los Pirineos

This especially is directed to the Spanish team :wink:
Diego Sahagún wrote:The language will be Spanish, I'm sorry for the people who can't speak.

So I open up an own thread:

I want to spend my family holidays in the Pyrenees. High season, two weeks with accomodation booked in advance in one or two locations. Perhaps one on each side (Aragon or Cataluna and Languedoc-Roussillon or Midi-Pyrénées) ...
Read more : Advice on the Pyrenees / los Pirineos | Views : 4675 | Replies : 7

Jôf di Montasio / Montaž - DESCENDING on North side Jôf di Montasio / Montaž - DESCENDING on North side

Hello, I am planning to go up the Montaž in early November, assuming that there hasn't been significant snowfall by then. I will be climbing from the South side along the normal route, with the intention of going down the North side to eventually join trail 652 northbound.

As far as I can ascertain this requires downclimbing either the Via Amalia or the Findenegg couloir. Can anyone see any particular problems with that? I will ...
Read more : Jôf di Montasio / Montaž - DESCENDING on North side | Views : 2247 | Replies : 0

Locations in Dolomites for Day Hikes

We want to hike new areas in the Dolomites. We fell in love with the area last summer when we spent a week in each of 3 places, Val Gardena, Corvara, and Misurina. This summer in July, we want to stay and hike a different area, and would love suggestions. We like 5-7 hr. intermediate level hikes that take us to dramatic areas (for example Jrodnerjoch Jimmy's Hut to Puez...or Sella Pass around Sassolunga, or ...
Read more : Locations in Dolomites for Day Hikes | Views : 3548 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558016 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136577