It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:46 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

New weatherforcast for Switzerland

Two high resolution numerical weather prediction models (NMM and Meso ETA) are run by the Institute of Meteorology at the University of Basel in cooperation with NOAA/NCEP and the University Computing Center (URZ). 72 h forecasts for Europe and very high resolution forecasts for Switzerland are computed twice daily.

<a href="http://pages.unibas.ch/geo/mcr/3d/meteo/dt/index.htm"> Forecast in 3 languages</A>
Read more : New weatherforcast for Switzerland | Views : 2133 | Replies : 3

Europe Big Walls

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody has any information on big wall/long aid-climbs in Europe? I'm just looking to do repeats for now. Anything in the range of grade IV, V or VI and no more than A3.

I've heard that Mont Qualido is not so much a hot spot for European aid climbing as most of it is now freeable. I've heard of other routes within the areas of Spain/Italy that hold some ...
Read more : Europe Big Walls | Views : 13155 | Replies : 10

Pyrennees in February

Looking for a reasonably quiet area of the French side of the Pyrennees for February, climbs upto D and a hut to stay in. Any ideas?
Read more : Pyrennees in February | Views : 2283 | Replies : 9

NEWBIE HERE-NEEDS HELP ON BERNER OBERLAND

Hi guys
Since this is my very first post at all in these forums I'd like to ask for a bit of info.
I really want to go the Berner Oberland when Im older but I need some advice
1)Im 13 at the moment and I know that sounds like Im a little kid that doesnt know anything but listen to this. I am a hiker/walker who lives in Tasmania, Australia and I was looking ...
Read more : NEWBIE HERE-NEEDS HELP ON BERNER OBERLAND | Views : 3578 | Replies : 17

American needs European beta

What are the best areas and routes to do alpine climbing in August and September? Here's the situation, my girlfriend who lives in Europe has agreed to go climbing with me the next time I come over there. She has never been climbing before so I need to pick a climb that won't scare her to death but that is still fun.

Preferably something that has a touch of backpacking to it but with some ...
Read more : American needs European beta | Views : 7390 | Replies : 38

Grandes Jorasses in August?

Hello everyone. I've been wanting to have a go at the Grandes Jorasses for some time but I can only break away in August. this year. Will the standard routes be in any shape that time of year? If it is as warm as the last two summers, I am not optimistic. I appreciate any feedback SP members can provide. Thanks!
Read more : Grandes Jorasses in August? | Views : 1519 | Replies : 6

Bishorn in May

Hello,

I was just wondering if someone has done Bishorn (4153m) in May?

It is a climbing season in spring but for randonee. I was thinking in doing it without skies.

Simular mountain and experience are welcome to answer!

Cheers,
Johan

PS. Might add that Alalinhorn worked fine without randonee in May
Read more : Bishorn in May | Views : 1125 | Replies : 4

WHAT'S NEW - pages - photos - NEW

<font color=#ff0000>the aim of this thread </font> should be for <b>cooperating</b> :
- I've posted a new mountain : ... if you have pics ... add them :)
- I've posted new pics on <font style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 12pt" color=#ff0000><b>other's</b></font> pages : ... maintainer, give a look and rearrange your page :)
Put here a <font style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: ...
Read more : WHAT'S NEW - pages - photos - NEW | Views : 18255 | Replies : 23

Italian team

for not Italian people :
I started this topic just to avoid losing good "resources" for language problems, so it will be in Italian language, hope You will not feel offended :)

per gli italiani :
ho visto che esistono problemi nel pubblicare informazioni in lingua inglese, utilizziamo questa possibilità per scambiarci informazioni, dati e, ovviamente aiuti.
Ciao :) ...
Read more : Italian team | Views : 113044 | Replies : 786

Yugoslavian mountains?

I saw there are Yugoslavian users but no Yugoslavian mountains. Anyone willing to contribute?
Read more : Yugoslavian mountains? | Views : 1698 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136415