It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:55 pm

News News of Europe

Site map of Europe » Forum : Europe

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.

Thru-Hike on Mount Tymfi (Pindos) GREECE

Tymfi is a mountain in the northern Pindus mountain range, northwestern Greece. It is part of the regional unit of Ioannina and lies in the region of Zagori, just a few metres south of the 40° parallel. Tymfi forms a massif with its highest peak, Gamila, at 2,497 m (8,192 ft), being the sixth highest in Greece.

The Vikos Gorge is a gorge in the Pindus Mountains of northern Greece. It lies on the southern ...
Read more : Thru-Hike on Mount Tymfi (Pindos) GREECE | Views : 3650 | Replies : 0

Cengalo NE wall has come down !!!

yesterday the NE spur of Pizzo Cengalo (Borghese route) fell down causing a real disaster :
Bondasca valley is closed - All the mountains from Sciora group to Pizzo Badile are realy very difficult to approach
the road from Chiavenna to Maloja pass is partially closed
6 climber are still missing

at this link you can see a clip showing the mudslide (they say about 6 million MC)
https://youtu.be/TqpBlcgZwG0
Read more : Cengalo NE wall has come down !!! | Views : 2087 | Replies : 0

Como Via Ferrata

Help please. Anyone know of a guide book in English on Via Ferrata Como area. We went to Cortina last year and the Cicerone guide was perfect. I have the map for the area showing the VF's. We have the gear and are looking for say 3 days of routes. We are kean hilkwalkers and have mountaineering experience mainly with guides and used to exposed positions. Small amount of climbing experience and gear. The Cortina ...
Read more : Como Via Ferrata | Views : 2251 | Replies : 0

Dolomites campsites without reservation, do or do not ?

Hi !
My wife, son and me are planning a trip in the Eastern Alps, without reserving anything in advance, just popping from campsites to campsites.
One of the destinations I'd like to take us is the Dolomites, I've been there briefly a year ago and I am aware it is packed with tourists.
The question is, do we have a chance to find any free space in the campsites of the regions while arriving ...
Read more : Dolomites campsites without reservation, do or do not ? | Views : 5404 | Replies : 5

Breath-taking shots of the Serra da Estrela, Portugal?

I'm making large photographic prints - fine detail - of the Serra da Estrela on large format film. Heavy delicate equipment limits me as to where I can get to. Any suggestion for breath-taking views much appreciated. Happy to give prints for successful suggestions. Collin
Read more : Breath-taking shots of the Serra da Estrela, Portugal? | Views : 2104 | Replies : 0

Most breath-taking wide angle shots?

I'm making large photographic prints - fine detail - of the Serra da Estrela on large format film. Heavy delicate equipment limits me as to where I can get to. Any suggestion for breath-taking views much appreciated. Happy to give prints for successful suggestions. Collin
Read more : Most breath-taking wide angle shots? | Views : 2973 | Replies : 1

Elbrus GPS

Hi,

I'm going to Elbrus in 2 weeks and plan to climb it unguided I understand there are fixed ropes near the summit, is this true? But was thinking of buying a GPS just in the case the weather turns bad or cloud/fog move in. Can anyone recommend a good TOPO for the Elbrus region. I was looking at the Garmin gpsmap 64s but I cannot find a TOPO map for Elbrus for the device ...
Read more : Elbrus GPS | Views : 5486 | Replies : 5

Breche de Roland, Pyrenees

Hi everybody. I am new to this Forum. I will go to Toulouse, FR for a while and would like to do some hikes in the Pyrenees. Especially Breche De Roland, starting from Cirque de Gavarnie. I would like to do it in Spring, just to avoid big crowds.
Is there anybody who hiked there recently and could share a trip report, and potential dangers, especially up in the snowfields?
Tourist information says the trail ...
Read more : Breche de Roland, Pyrenees | Views : 3678 | Replies : 2

Watzmann

Hello everyone,

I'm a normal trekker who has done quite a lot of mountains in the Pyrenees and with scrambling experience, but I don't climb, although I have no fear of cliffs. This summer I wanted to climb the Watzmann, approximately on the middle of June, but I have checked and the ridge is better to do it without snow or ice. Anyone knows what are the snow conditions of the Watzmann around middle June? ...
Read more : Watzmann | Views : 2984 | Replies : 1

Climb Mulhacen in Spain from Capileira

1. I understand the road from Capileira to Hoya del Portillo is not a good road. Can a 2-wheel-drive car be able to go from Capileira to Hoya del Portillo?
2. How long does it take to walk from Hoya del Portillo to the summit of Mulhacen
3. How long does it take to walk from Trevelez to the summit of Mulhacen
Thank you for looking into my questions.
Paul
Read more : Climb Mulhacen in Spain from Capileira | Views : 4084 | Replies : 2

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136409