It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 9:04 am

News News of General Discussion

Site map of General Discussion » Forum : General Discussion

Really, why DOES this forum exist?

While I'm sure the best of intentions was considered when creating this forum, it really seems to have degenerated into a bunch of blathering. I'll 'fess up to contributing to that.

But it's looking more like ArCee dot n00b every day, and that's not a compliment. Their community forum was ripe with tangential rip-offs posted by people trying really hard to be clever and cute. It's already the mode d'emploi here and you know what ...
Read more : Really, why DOES this forum exist? | Views : 22540 | Replies : 90 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

The Subaru Thread

Yes, Lesbarus rule as a climbing car -

:mrgreen:
Read more : The Subaru Thread | Views : 102589 | Replies : 224 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Ohio is the best

We have youngstown, lebron James, buckeyes, and a river that caught on fire
Read more : Ohio is the best | Views : 7085 | Replies : 21 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Tons of stuff for sale.....updated

NEW PRICE MH Ev3. Used prob 4 times absolutely nothing wrong with it. Great tent. Perfect Condition. Inncludes all guy lines, bags, stakes, and i think i have the manual. 450 shipped.

SALE PENDING Petzl Quarks. Greta condition includes griprests installed and clipper leashes. picks have tons of life in em. 300 shipped

40 below overboots. black..i think the superlight model with the gator. i believe size large. Great shape. 75 bucks shipped

Nordica pack...i ...
Read more : Tons of stuff for sale.....updated | Views : 5636 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Gear

California is the Best.

I just returned from a few days of climbing at Tuolumne Meadows.

The Weather was perfect. Nippy mornings, no chance of rain, gentle breezes.

Needed gear. T-shirt, shorts and sunscreen.

Short approaches, fabulous stone and no crowds.

And to quote Mike Waugh, “there is nothing in Colorado, this good”

Late. GK
Read more : California is the Best. | Views : 29433 | Replies : 175 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Ethics, Spray, and Slander

I know the new forum's in its infancy, but I've yet to hear any slander. There's only been the usual amount of spray from the usual suspects. And if this was a canyoneering forum, there'd already be 10 pages on bolting ethics. What the hell? Do we have nothing to gripe, piss, moan or brag about?
Read more : Ethics, Spray, and Slander | Views : 9473 | Replies : 20 | Forum : Ethics, Spray, and Slander

Best Down jackets?

Ha, one more new thread for the day. I'm not seriously looking at the moment, but off and on I've considered shopping around for a good down jacket. I've tried them on, love how lightweight but well insulated the ones I've tried on are and I've heard alot of stories about how warm they keep you on those frigid winter days, but never felt like spending the money to get one. Lately, however, I have ...
Read more : Best Down jackets? | Views : 34312 | Replies : 27 | Forum : Gear

Waking up sweaty after long hike?

After a long day in the mountains, I usually fall asleep easily but I often wake up a few hours later drenched in sweat. This is pretty annoying since it ruins your night of sleep and you get to change your sheets. Sometimes it occurs a second time as well. Does anyone know why this happens and how to prevent it? I hardly ever get this on regular nights or after an easier outing.
Read more : Waking up sweaty after long hike? | Views : 17351 | Replies : 15 | Forum : Mountain Medicine & Rescue

soft shell jackets

Before winter hits I would like to get one. I know people who love the moutain hardware alchemy jacket. Also interested in the marmot gravity jacket or sharp point one. I hear good things about Arc'teryx but idk anyone who has there stuff. What are some other good ones? How important are they?
Read more : soft shell jackets | Views : 23441 | Replies : 41 | Forum : Gear

Latok 1 urgent appeal: Oscar Perez stuck above 6500 meters

Latok 1 urgent appeal: Oscar Perez stuck above 6500 meters
for more detail http://www.k2climb.net/news.php?id=18574
Read more : Latok 1 urgent appeal: Oscar Perez stuck above 6500 meters | Views : 24829 | Replies : 22 | Forum : News

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558046 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136634