It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:29 pm

News News of General

Site map of General » Forum : General

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.

Good Books

I've previsouly read Krakaur's books "Into the Wild" and "Into thin air". I loved them. does anyone else know of some equally good, or better books like these? Fiction or non-fiction.

thanks
Read more : Good Books | Views : 26737 | Replies : 105

These guys have been really busy stealing photos from SP

It's easy to make an expedition page nice, when decorated with photos stolen from other people.
Cheap bastards not even mailing asking fro permission or giving any credits.

From fieldtouring's Gasherbrum page. Many more than these:
<A href=//www.expedition.sk/viewer.php?file=g2-1.jpg&popis=Ga%9Aerbrum%20zo%20z%E1kladn%E9ho%20t%E1bora><b>1</B>
<a href=//www.expedition.sk/viewer.php?file=g2-3.jpg&popis=Ga%9Aerbrum%20I%20a%20II%20z%20C1><b>2</B>
<a href=//www.expedition.sk/viewer.php?file=g2-2.jpg&popis=Poh%BEad%20dole%20ne%EFaleko%20vrcholov%E9ho%20hrebe%F2<b>3</b><a>

From Huberschwiller.
<a href=//www.expedition.sk><b>Kili photo on first page displaying all the expeditions.</B></a>

From Losdestroy.
<a href=http://www.huascaran.expedition.sk><b>Top right photo on thsi page</B></A>

From me.
<a Href=//www.expedition.sk/viewer.php?file=shisha-1.jpg&popis=%8Ai%9Aa%20Pangma%20od%20z%E1padu><b>Xixa 1</B></A>

<a href=//www.expedition.sk/viewer.php?file=shisha-2.jpg&popis=Osamoten%FD%20%9Aerpa%20pred%20%8Ai%9Aa%20Pangmou><B>Xixa 2</B></A>

There are probably more. ...
Read more : These guys have been really busy stealing photos from SP | Views : 39540 | Replies : 144

SP's story?

I just noticed this today;
Statistics - 02/03/05
2048 unique visitors today
49964 page views today

Dayum, that's alot. Perhaps i didnt know the depth and scope of Summit Posts drawing power when I joined up. How long has SP been around, who/when/where did it start?
Read more : SP's story? | Views : 9202 | Replies : 38

Which wild animals have you seen while hiking?

One of my hobbies is seeing wild animals so today I've seen some deers bellowing in Monte del Pardo, a Mediterranean forest near my home. We also have seen some bucks (of fallow deer) but the fact of hearing those yells was amazing. After having had a rainy day here in Madrid, Spain, our hike in that reserve has been very satisfactory.
Read more : Which wild animals have you seen while hiking? | Views : 140657 | Replies : 664

Reaching our limits

Personally my limit is 4.810 m / 15,781 ft wich is the highest mountain that I've climbed, Mont Blanc, but I dream about other climbs for breaking my record. Elbrus is one of the mountains that I'd like to climb soon but there are many others as some in Africa, Andes and Himalaya, Africa. I'd like to know your limits and projects, take care.
Read more : Reaching our limits | Views : 21968 | Replies : 73

How was Your weekend?

I thought this would be an interesting Sunday evening topic, after we all return from our weekend activities. If you wish we can share here where we went. Would be interesting to me and I hope to the rest of You also.

For example I did not go to mountains this weekend because weather was not good but I spent day on the waterfalls of river Krka, which were amazing, so much water!

Cheers
Sasa
Read more : How was Your weekend? | Views : 145875 | Replies : 1133

Did Mallory and Irvine reach the summit of Everest?

"On 8 June 1924, Mallory with the inexperienced Irvine as a partner, set out form Camp VI to climb the las 600 m to the summit. They were seen by Odell through a break in the cloud, at the first step of the NE Ridge (others say between the first and second of the two steep rocky steps that interrupt the ridge). What happened after that remains a mystery: they did not return and no ...
Read more : Did Mallory and Irvine reach the summit of Everest? | Views : 35863 | Replies : 108

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136410