It is currently Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:58 am

News News of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Site map of Mexico, Central America and Caribbean » Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Mexico Climbing Partners section.

Ride to Piedra Grande

I was just making sure that I would be able to get a ride up to Piedra Grande from Tlachichuca all year round. I will be heading up to Pico on March 22 and I know this is late in the season. Just wanted to make sure the trip wouldnt be ruined when I got to Tlachichuca.

Also Since Im flying into Mexico City with a group of four people, would I be better hiring ...
Read more : Ride to Piedra Grande | Views : 1767 | Replies : 1

Lost Crampon on Orizaba

Hi,

Some friends and I attempted Orizaba 11/19, and my friend lost a crampon near the crater rim and wasn't able to retrieve it since it slid pretty far down the slope and he wasn't very experienced climbing w/ one crampon. It's a long shot, but if anyone finds a Grivel crampon up there let me know, thanks!
Read more : Lost Crampon on Orizaba | Views : 2133 | Replies : 3

Technical Skills for Orizaba

Aside from having a basic knowledge of crampon use, self arrest and roping up to one another, what kind of technical skills are necessary for a climb to orizaba. Also in your opinions is the use of rope even necessary?
Read more : Technical Skills for Orizaba | Views : 2317 | Replies : 4

Boots?

Wondering if heavy duty hiking boots will work for the climb up Pico or if i should bring plastic heavy duty mountaineering boots?
any help is much appreciated!
Andy
Read more : Boots? | Views : 2183 | Replies : 3

Anybody Going to ORIZABA around X-Mas

HEY I'M THINKING OF GOING TO ORIZABA ON THE 22ND TO THE 27TH OF DECEMBER. ANYBODY UP FOR IT?
Read more : Anybody Going to ORIZABA around X-Mas | Views : 3790 | Replies : 13

Sharing a ride from MEX to Tlachichuca on 11/16?

I have a group of 3 who is going to be hiring private transporation from the airport in Mexico City to Tlachichuca on Friday, November 16th. If anyone is interested in riding with us, please let me know. The van comfortably seats 6 with gear. We could have up to 8 total, but it may get a bit crowded. The cost is $300 regardless of how many people we have. We arrive in Mexico City ...
Read more : Sharing a ride from MEX to Tlachichuca on 11/16? | Views : 1544 | Replies : 0

going to climb ixta and orizaba next week

quick question....can you leave some of your stuff at the huts so that you dont have to carry it on the summit bid?
Read more : going to climb ixta and orizaba next week | Views : 2911 | Replies : 5

Fun things to do in Belize

Hey everyone,

I'm going to Belize with my girlfriend from Dec 11th - Jan 10th and I'd love to hear other people's experiences there. Must see, things to avoid, places to go, favorite restaurants, secret adventures, etc... would all be very helpful!

I don't suspect there's much climbing in Belize (there is granite and some jungly mountains though) but many SP'ers are well travelled and probably have lot's of good advice:

Our interests:
-Scuba (main ...
Read more : Fun things to do in Belize | Views : 3027 | Replies : 5

Copper Canyon Mexico

Planing a trip to Copper Canyon, Mexico. Any tips, must see's?
Read more : Copper Canyon Mexico | Views : 2569 | Replies : 4

Orizaba Routes

Is it me or does it seem that there are not many routes up Orizaba? Is there any info on other routes to the top? I am looking at photos and seeing some possibly cool stuff, just no info. I would be happy to go out and find some new info, take pictures, post a FA TR if I knew it would be new ya know?

Lookin for some holiday ideas... ...
Read more : Orizaba Routes | Views : 3423 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558056 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136651