It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:26 pm

News News of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Site map of Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes) » Forum : Midwest (Great Plains, Great Lakes)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Heartland of the America. Hey, this includes Arkansas. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Midwest US Climbing Partners section.

Adventure Film in Chicago

Trying to bring some life back into the Midwest forum.

Adventure film festival (from Boulder, CO) is having a showing in conjunction with the Access Fund at the Lincoln Park Athletic Club. I don't know what flicks are playing, sorry. Thursday July 8 at 7pm. $10 to get in.

Adventure film
Read more : Adventure Film in Chicago | Views : 4590 | Replies : 2

incredible hailstorm

Have any of you been to Oklahoma City last Sunday (May 16th, 2010)? Watch this!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFv2W7Du ... =topvideos
Read more : incredible hailstorm | Views : 3549 | Replies : 3

Meteor in northern Illinois

Hundreds of people reported a meteor streaking across the sky in northern Illinois & southern Wisc last night. There's a video clip in the link below.

Source
Read more : Meteor in northern Illinois | Views : 4398 | Replies : 3

Midwest Mountaineering's 50th Outdoor Expo

Midwest Mountaineering in Minneapolis is having their 50th outdoor expo April 23-25.
They have a list of free programs and classes offered as well as film presentations in the evenings that you have to buy tickets for.

Here is a list of speakers and programs:

www.outdooradventureexpo.com/201004/Spe ... List.shtml

This will be my first time attending the expo, has anyone else been to one of their expo's and what did ...
Read more : Midwest Mountaineering's 50th Outdoor Expo | Views : 7535 | Replies : 12

Aid/Wall Partner

I'm looking for a Milwaukee area climbing partner interested in developing aid skills and training for a wall climb. I've been trad and alpine climbing for 12 years and have basic aid knowledge. I’m seeking a partner with similar experience.
Read more : Aid/Wall Partner | Views : 2588 | Replies : 0

Peaks in the Boundary Waters Wilderness?

Looking over the Boundary Waters on the terrain map, it looks like there are some large ridges and even peaklets. Do y'all know if there are any reasonably prominent peaks? Has anyone even been to the Boundary Waters?
Read more : Peaks in the Boundary Waters Wilderness? | Views : 3842 | Replies : 4

2010 Midwest SP Gathering?

Has this ever been done? I've heard mention of a CA and CO gathering, but I wasn't sure if anything has ever taken place closer to my neck of the woods. From what I gather, there is a substantial number of serious climbers in the Midwest. We just happen to be less concentrated than they are in some of the climbing "capitals."
Read more : 2010 Midwest SP Gathering? | Views : 5088 | Replies : 7

WTF???!!!!!

So I'm out today hiking along the cliffs of Lake Superior...without snowshoes...in a T-shirt...breaking a sweat!!!!!!!!! 60-degrees in the Soo today... Can I get a WTF????!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Read more : WTF???!!!!! | Views : 26774 | Replies : 18

The Wisconsin Dells...what gives?

Last September I bought a truck in Ohio and drove it back to California (long story). Rather than taking the most direct route, I decided to take Int. 94, which was the only major east-west interstate I had not been on.

I got to the Dells, and exited, thinking this was a good time to get some gas and lunch. Unbeknownst to but knownst to seemingly everyone else, the Dells is insane. Good grief, the ...
Read more : The Wisconsin Dells...what gives? | Views : 12974 | Replies : 19

Snowmobile Rentals near L'Anse, Michigan?

I'm planning on heading up to visit Mt. Arvon, MI this weekend, and was wondering if anyone knew of a place to rent snowmobiles near L'Anse. I've tried calling the people at Indian Country Sports, but they didn't have any ideas for a rental place nearby.

Thanks!
Daniel (aka txmountaineer)
Read more : Snowmobile Rentals near L'Anse, Michigan? | Views : 4359 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557991 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136504