It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:27 pm

News News of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Site map of Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY) » Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Northern Rockies. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Northern Rockies Climbing Partners section.

Grand Teton TR

Hey Guys,

Wanted to share a mild trip report from Teton. What an insane place, would love to live there.

http://www.foodwaterattention.com/#/grand-teton/
Read more : Grand Teton TR | Views : 3529 | Replies : 0

Borah Peak North Face Conditions?

What's the north face looking like this year? Good for some ice climbing or not enough snow fall?
Read more : Borah Peak North Face Conditions? | Views : 3702 | Replies : 1

The Beaten Path

Hello all,

I'm planning on hiking the Beaten Path from Clarks Fork to East Rosebud mid August. Does anyone know a good way to find a shuttle for a reasonable price?

Thanks
Read more : The Beaten Path | Views : 10451 | Replies : 10

Cirque of the Towers Advice? Cirque of the Towers Advice?

I'm planning to head into the East Fork/Pyramid Lake area, possibly returning to Big Sandy by way of Texas Pass and the Cirque and am concerned about food storage in the Cirque. Usually hang my food in a tree and don't know if that's an option or if it's recommended in the camp area below the Towers. Never had any problems with bears in my Wind River travels but have heard that they can be ...
Read more : Cirque of the Towers Advice? | Views : 4024 | Replies : 5

Big July Snow and Granite Peak.

We got slammed by mother nature here in Bozeman yesterday. Hail, rain and lotsa snow up high. There could be a foot up there in Hyalite. It's very white! We have a trip planned for Granite in mid-August and I was wondering if anyone has first hand info of what happened over there.
Read more : Big July Snow and Granite Peak. | Views : 5424 | Replies : 11

Planning a trip to Gannett. Any help greatly appreciated

Hello all. My wife and I are planning a trip to have a go at Gannett peak. We are pretty new climbers but not new to the back country. Our experience mountaineering thus far includes a ten day class and summit of Rainier with RMI in 2012, a failed winter attempt at longs via cables route this past Jan. A successful winter ascent on Mt Washington, a failed attempt of Longs Kiener route last summer ...
Read more : Planning a trip to Gannett. Any help greatly appreciated | Views : 6306 | Replies : 12

Gannett Peak conditions report

Some had asked for a Gannett Peak conditions report: Three of us attempted Gannett via Elkhart Park and Titcomb Basin from July 11-13. Jeremy summited, Nate and I did not. I attribute my lack of success to overestimation of fitness level and underestimation of difficulty. It would have been much more likely as a 4-5 day trip. There was a surprising amount of up and down the first 15 miles. Full pack combined with altitude ...
Read more : Gannett Peak conditions report | Views : 2786 | Replies : 1

Middle Teton - SW Couloir - Gear?? Ice Axe?

Hi! My husband and I are planning to summit the Middle Teton the first weekend in August (2015) and I'm wondering about equipment. This year, do you think crampons, an ice axe or trekking poles will be necessary/recommended?

We do a lot of hiking, but haven't had to worry about the possibility of ice/snowfields at this elevation before.

I've heard you might be able to rent ice axes in Jackson, WY? Does anyone know anything ...
Read more : Middle Teton - SW Couloir - Gear?? Ice Axe? | Views : 3538 | Replies : 1

Weekend Cloud Peak snow

Will be on a 3 dayer til Sat in the Bighorns. Last minute deal. Forecast is for 4-6" of snow on Cloud Peak Fri eve-Sat morn. Anyone planning on being up there should plan accordingly. Snow won't be there long, but the high will be 34 on the peak on Sat. It's kinda thrown my Blacktooth plans for a loop, but hey.....that's just how it goes. :)
Read more : Weekend Cloud Peak snow | Views : 2846 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557999 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136525