It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 pm

News News of Oceania and Pacific Islands

Site map of Oceania and Pacific Islands » Forum : Oceania and Pacific Islands

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Oceania and the Pacific Islands. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Oceania Climbing Partners section.

Climbing to be banned on Uluru

Looks like the Aboriginal tribes will have their wishes respected:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/ju ... g-ban-plan

If you want to hike the peak and haven't, looks like you have eighteen months to do it.
Read more : Climbing to be banned on Uluru | Views : 15860 | Replies : 12

Is Mt Cook technically difficult?

I was thinking of climbing Mt Cook in Jan 2010. I have done a brief search on the internet in order to find out details of the climb but have found practically nothing.

Who out there has climbed it? Do I need much technical experience? Guided or unguided?

I've got a few other questions so your input would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Paul.
Read more : Is Mt Cook technically difficult? | Views : 19055 | Replies : 12

Mt Ngauruhoe, NZ rewrite

FYI - kiwi enthusiasts. The SP Mt Ngauruhoe page was essentially abandoned and I took it over a few days ago. Since then I've revised pretty well all of the layout and brought the approach and route details up to date with a number of new photos.

Visit http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock ... ruhoe.html

I'd be happy to receive all your suggestions and comment on the new page.
Read more : Mt Ngauruhoe, NZ rewrite | Views : 2043 | Replies : 2

??????? ?????????? sexy wallpapers

????????

???????? avril lavinge ??? ???? ??????????? ????. ??????? ? ????????, ? ????????? ???????????.
??????????? ??????? ? ?????? ???, ??? ??????? ??? ????? ???????? epson 810. ???????? ??????? gq ??? ???????? ???????? ?????

??????????)))

??? ??????????? ?????? ??????? ????????? Fallout 1 ??? ? ???? ???? Fallout 2 (?????? ????? ???? ????, ?????? ?????? ??? ???? ? ??????? ???? ?? ?????) ??????? ??????? ???????? Arcanum - ????? ?????????? ? ???????? ????. ???????? ????? ...
Read more : ??????? ?????????? sexy wallpapers | Views : 6008 | Replies : 11

Mt Arthur - major update

Another update following my latest trip to the second best place on the planet - New Zealand. This time a complete rework of my 2006 Mt Arthur (Kahurangi NP) page.

Route and approach info have been completely rewritten, 10 or so new images added and some inferior ones from 2006 removed.

I welcome your comments and (constructive) criticism.
Read more : Mt Arthur - major update | Views : 1833 | Replies : 0

Coromandel Pinnacles Update

Greetings fellow afficionados of kiwiana.

I've recently completed a major update of my page on the Kaueranga Valley Pinnacles on the Coromandel. Visit this link. Enjoy!
Read more : Coromandel Pinnacles Update | Views : 2144 | Replies : 0

New Zealand winter climbing

Hey, I was wondering if some locals could give me an idea of what the alpine climbing is like in the winter in New Zealand. What kind of conditions exist around Mt. Cook? Are the huts in use during the winter? I'm from the States and have extensive mtneering and skiing experience and am looking for my next big adventure but for the most part only have time during our spring/summer. Any info would be ...
Read more : New Zealand winter climbing | Views : 16722 | Replies : 9

New Zealand South Island great walks in May

I'm going to be on the South Island in mid-May with a few non-climbing buddies and am looking at doing one of the great walks. I'm looking at the Milford, Routeburn, and Kepler.

I'm leaning towards the Routeburn because I'm of course partial to alpine scenery and even though the Milford is the most popular, it seems more "forresty" and less alpine. The Kepler looks amazing, but I think I'm seeing the same scenes online ...
Read more : New Zealand South Island great walks in May | Views : 4197 | Replies : 4

Mount Bartle Frere

I just posted a description and trip report for the highest peak in Queensland, Australia.

Mtn: http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=491210

Trip: http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.php?object_id=491288

-Tim
Read more : Mount Bartle Frere | Views : 1463 | Replies : 0

Work as a tour guide in Queenstown

Hi All

I'm looking to hire a vehicle based tour guide to work out of Queenstown (NZ) for my Australian based company. Which has been operating on both the North and South Island for a number of years.
To be considered suitable you must say yes to all of the below points.
Have a good driving record with an endorsement
Have experience as a tour guide or have work experience in the tourism industry
A ...
Read more : Work as a tour guide in Queenstown | Views : 1789 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557949 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136410