It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:02 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Tokopah Ice?

Anyone been back by Tokopah Falls to see if the ice is in? And if so, how's it forming? Inquiring and inspiring WI4/5 climbers wanna know! :D
Read more : Tokopah Ice? | Views : 2608 | Replies : 12 | Forum : California

Is This An Acceptable Top Rope Anchor?

Right - straight to it.

I have an opportunity to take a cute girl ice climbing for her first time.

Problem: As I don't have access to my gear in any reasonable amount of time I can only build my anchor out of what I have in my car's boot. Which means I have one 100 foot long piece of webbing, three quick draws, six biners and five locking biners.

The only place I have ...
Read more : Is This An Acceptable Top Rope Anchor? | Views : 9057 | Replies : 18 | Forum : General

Snowdonia Snow Report

Wonder if any of our Sp'ers have been to Snowdonia in the last couple of days, and can give a personal update on the snow situation?

I do follow a couple of web pages, but neither give the sort of detail I need.

I ask as I am planning to go back early in February and part of my "safety first" approach as a solo walker in the mountains is to keep monitoring weather etc ...
Read more : Snowdonia Snow Report | Views : 11023 | Replies : 79 | Forum : Europe

WTB : Women's Mountaineering Boot, Crampons, Gaiters

Anybody selling women's mountaineering boots(38 or 38.5)? Nepal Evo or similar type or a double boot. I'm also looking for black diamond sabertooth crampons and OR/MH expedition style gaiters. Thanks,
Read more : WTB : Women's Mountaineering Boot, Crampons, Gaiters | Views : 1518 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Gear

page moved to wrong forum

Dismal fog holding pattern got moved to the east coast forum. should be moved to California's

http://www.summitpost.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51155
Read more : page moved to wrong forum | Views : 14385 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Bad Submissions

Recent Longs Conditions - Trough from Glacier G or Keyhole?

Has anyone been up in the Glacier Gorge cirque (above Black Lake, underneath Spearhead) in last week or so? Last year during the freak January warm I was able to ascend Longs via Trough from here. Of course, snow was very minimal at that time, and quite firm. I am looking at Friday/weekend coming up and am curious if it is OK. Or maybe Keyhole. Really wish I were there today, as the weather looks ...
Read more : Recent Longs Conditions - Trough from Glacier G or Keyhole? | Views : 797 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Colorado

Self Belay options

I have built my own climbing wall in a barn, and it's tall enough (22') I need (want) to rope up for most of the routes, despite significant crash padding below. I have worked up a self-belay system for when I'm alone, based on much research. But, I thought I'd run it by this group to see if there is anything I missed.

The rope is a gym rope (Sterling Jungle Gym - 10.4?) ...
Read more : Self Belay options | Views : 2881 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

More spam

Got this from "Deleted User":

Hi dear
My name is Jenifer, I'm a beautiful young girl, l saw your profile and l
decided to contact you as my friend, I will appreciate receiving your
response at my private email( jeni_4george@hotmail.com ) so that l will
send you my pictures and informations about myself. awaiting for your
positive response..
with love.
Jenifer.
Read more : More spam | Views : 1720 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Site Feedback

Home Bouldering

This is one of the coolest home bouldering movies I've seen this far!

Route to sofa 6a+
Read more : Home Bouldering | Views : 2332 | Replies : 6 | Forum : General

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557988 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136496