It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:14 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

[!] Mountaineer's Haute Route

Hi Guys:
I am from the US so have very limited knowledge of the hikes in Europe. My knowledge is limited to the short hikes around Chamonix and Grindelwald.

This summer, my friend and I wanted to do the Mountaineers Haute Route. We are decent mountaineers and have climbed/hiked in the pacific Northwest of the US and are comfortable hiking on snow and have done south side of Mount Adams, Mount Hood...

Unfortunately, we are ...
Read more : [!] Mountaineer's Haute Route | Views : 5898 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Europe

ski-trip:Mont Blanc via Bosson Glacier (Rif. Grand Mullets)

Hello to everybody,

though not new to the board, I haven't posted much recently.... well, looks like I'll be doing some skiing on the Europe's highest places soon....

The plan is simple: chamonix-grand mullets-MB summit-chamonix, 3-days ski-trip probably by mid-May....

Done some googling on it, but not to much avail.... so here go the yet unaswered questions:

- anyone (of board members) done it before?
- the little I found suggests to keep our tracks ...
Read more : ski-trip:Mont Blanc via Bosson Glacier (Rif. Grand Mullets) | Views : 2097 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Anybody ever climbed Chimborazo or Cotopaxi??!!

I am climbing Chimborazo and Cotopaxi this coming July, I am looking for someone who has climbed either one who I can email a few questions to.
Read more : Anybody ever climbed Chimborazo or Cotopaxi??!! | Views : 26048 | Replies : 46 | Forum : South America

12, 13, 14, 15 march - Zugspitze

Will be trying to do Hollental route. If it is too hard, we'll do Jubileumsgrat.

That's the plan and also pretty much all the info I have right now, except ofcourse what I've read here. Anyone with more info you'd be doing me a favour by posting a reply.

Also, I'm looking for information about the German trains. I'd like to take a train from Aachen on wednsday the 11th in the evening and return ...
Read more : 12, 13, 14, 15 march - Zugspitze | Views : 2037 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Europe

first 7000m peak

Any thoughts about a first 7000m peak?
Read more : first 7000m peak | Views : 4741 | Replies : 12 | Forum : Asia

Transfering from AEP to EZE, is it easy and any tips?

I want to know if the transfers between airports with luggage is easy and worth the cheaper ticket. Any help would be appreciated!

Note: arriving Buenos Aires, Argentina (AEP-Jorge Newbery) departing Buenos Aires, Argentina (EZE-Ministro Pistarini)
Read more : Transfering from AEP to EZE, is it easy and any tips? | Views : 2206 | Replies : 4 | Forum : South America

Avalanche risk in Bavaria - HIGH

I´ve just recieved a warning from the avalanch service here in Bavaria. It´s now up at 4. I would suggest that for the next couple of days we think about polishing the car or taking the kids to the cinema because the hills are not too inviting. Areas in Austria have reached 5.

Take care

Charles
Read more : Avalanche risk in Bavaria - HIGH | Views : 1357 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

May Go to Xueliang Feng from the North

Hi:
Xueliang Feng, a high peak in Tienshan Mountains, lies in Aksu prefecture Xinjiang
China.
The trodational route to Xuelian Feng is from the south, but it was cloesd to any groups to enter there years ago. Some groups gave it up before when they go to the mounth of the mountain.
Last August we arranged a group to Xuelian Feng. They reached BC after we helped go though all the formalities.
Now it becomes ...
Read more : May Go to Xueliang Feng from the North | Views : 2003 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

salkantay- peru information?

Im looking for any information on climbing Salkantay.

We aim to climb as a individual team, so im not looking for info regarding guides etc.

If anyone can help with absolutley anything from travel arrangments, to route info about Salkantay, it would be appreciated.

cheers

Allan
Read more : salkantay- peru information? | Views : 742 | Replies : 1 | Forum : South America

Elbrus information

can anyone tell me, if they have recently climbed Elbrus, whether or not there were any safety issues, if there were trvel warning before they left for Russia etc. I recently booked a trip to climb Elbrus and it has since been cancelled. I am now looking to still go there but using someone else.

also, has anyone here used pilgrim tours to climb Elbrus??? What are they like??? I am now considering using them ...
Read more : Elbrus information | Views : 2100 | Replies : 7 | Forum : Europe

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557994 • Total topics 55842 • Total members 136513