It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:47 am

News News of SummitPost.org

Site map of SummitPost.org » Forum : SummitPost.org

Climbing, hiking, mountaineering forum

Nepalese banned from Tibet - Everest Noth closed 2009

From various reports including this one from IMG, the Chinese have made some last minute changes that require an all Tibetan Staff (porters, cooks, climbing support e.g. 'Sherpas') for Fall 2008 Cho Oyu expeditions. Also they required that all expeditions submit their passports to the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu which is then sent to Tibet (I assume Lhasa and the CTMA). Then their visas will be issued.

All this means delays for climbers and serious ...
Read more : Nepalese banned from Tibet - Everest Noth closed 2009 | Views : 2786 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Asia

Izta in November

I'm looking for as much info as possible about climbing Izta. I live in Mexico City, teaching English, and am arranging a trip for me, a few of my students and a few other English teachers. None of us have ever climbed a mountain before!

There will be 6+ of us, and we intend to do the trip over two days - set off from Mexico City early Sat morning and return Sun evening/night. We ...
Read more : Izta in November | Views : 2696 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Mexico, Central America and Caribbean

bivouac sans histoires?

Je dispose d'une poignee de jours de vacances, et comme je serais en France a partir d'apres-demain, je pense faire une petite randonee facile. (Je voyage leger - pas de corde, pas de crampons, alors plutot promenade scenique que alpinisme.)
Par nostalgie j'ai d'abord pense' a la Vanoise, mais il se trouve que tout bivouac est interdit dans le parc en Septembre.
Je sais que je pourrais dormir dans un refuge, mais je prefere me ...
Read more : bivouac sans histoires? | Views : 986 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Europe

Autumn colors

Is there any particular time for good autumn colors in the alps?

My holidays will be very late in the year (october), and I was wondering if it was still worth heading to the alps or if I'd better skip them this year.
Read more : Autumn colors | Views : 676 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Hiking Near Montreux/Lausanne

Hi,
I will be in the Montreux/Lausanne area during the first week of October and will have a free day or two to do some hiking. I am looking for something that I can do in a day trip from the Montreux area that will have great alpine scenery (i.e. - high mountains, lakes, streams, etc). I would love to hear your suggestions on what the must do hikes are in that area. I do ...
Read more : Hiking Near Montreux/Lausanne | Views : 2749 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Europe

Apartments available in Chamonix

2 apartments in Chamonix for rent during the summer and autumn, weekly or monthly.
One is 70m2, suitable for 5 people, 440€/week or 1200€/month, located in Chamonix center. The other one is 30m2, ok to live 4 people in for 360€ per week or 900€ per month, just by the Aguille du Midi lift in Chamonix Sud. Both apartments are rentable for one night at the time too.
If interested to rent, please contact me ...
Read more : Apartments available in Chamonix | Views : 796 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Going to Arequipa - some questions

We are planning to go to Arequipa for the first time over Xmas and Newyears (my wife is actually from Arequipa) and I wanted to climb one of the volcanoes there (Misti or Chachani). But I have a few questions and was hoping that I could get some help on the forum here.

- Is it a good time fo the year to go climbing in terms of the weather?
- Do you need any ...
Read more : Going to Arequipa - some questions | Views : 3118 | Replies : 11 | Forum : South America

FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots

New w/tags Mammut Pala Climbing Pants Womens Size 40 (8-10) Grafite new $120, sell for $60.00
http://www.mammut.ch/mammut/katalog.asp ... d=5&dart=3

New in Box: La Sportiva Lhotse GTX 43.5 $420 new, sell $250.00
http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/236

Email me at clientcare@Livinginswflorida.com
Read more : FS: New Mamutt softshell pants / La Sportiva Lhotse Boots | Views : 1680 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Gear

anyone going th cho oyu this year?

i"m planning to go to cho oyu in 09 anyone going or have been?
Read more : anyone going th cho oyu this year? | Views : 3056 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Asia

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558063 • Total topics 55845 • Total members 136665