It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 12:13 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

East side snow condtions?

Anyone with recent snow updates? Especially looking for some info on the Bishop/South Lake area. Current snow level? Consolidated? Etc.

Thx!
Read more : East side snow condtions? | Views : 2826 | Replies : 8 | Forum : California

Telescope Peak for Halloween?

Is there any chance there'll be snow for water at the top? Temps are looking kinda warm but I think the got some snow recently. I'm doubtful but maybe. :?

I'm thinking about trying the Shorty's Well route again. I think I'm going to do it the "quick" way this time and hike all the way back on the road. The times I've tried, I've got on ...
Read more : Telescope Peak for Halloween? | Views : 7421 | Replies : 16 | Forum : California

Mosquito Flat Trailhead - Road Open???

Does anyone know if the road to Mosquito Flat is open? Planning on doing Abbot this weekend and wondering if I'm gonna have to walk that extra distance....
Read more : Mosquito Flat Trailhead - Road Open??? | Views : 2084 | Replies : 1 | Forum : California

Southern California Hiking in Early December

Hi-

I am considering visiting Southern California during the week of December 7-11. I would be in Santa Barbara for December 5 & 6.

I am an experienced 4 season hiker in the northeastern US mountains (Adirondacks, NH White Mountains, Vt Green Mountains). I would however prefer to leave my snowshoes behind. Crampons and ice ax travel allot easier, so I can bring those if there is a compelling reason to. But no snow or ...
Read more : Southern California Hiking in Early December | Views : 6071 | Replies : 10 | Forum : California

Climbing around Vancouver

Hi
I know the season is probably past and the weather most likely isn't great. However, I am going to be in Vancouver next week and wanted to know if there are any easy to reach climbing areas not too far from town (I do have a car).

Also I would be interested in recommendation for day hikes in the area (what can be reached by car in an hour or two).

Thx
Read more : Climbing around Vancouver | Views : 2178 | Replies : 2 | Forum : Canada and Alaska

Any Good Mt. Hood references out there?

Can anyone suggest a good book which offers climbing routes etc. for the mountain?
Thanks
Read more : Any Good Mt. Hood references out there? | Views : 2500 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Devil's Tower

Anyone climbed Devil's Tower? I am interested in what is the best time of year. I like cooler weather and try to avoid extreme heat, but I noticed on the website of the guide service that they have already had their first snow. I am a novice rock climber, but I assume climbing in the snow is not a great idea. Thoughts on the best time to go?
Read more : Devil's Tower | Views : 2299 | Replies : 5 | Forum : Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)

Phoenix day outing ideas

I will be in the Phoenix area for Thanksgiving and I have set aside at least one full day for a day climb/hike of something. Besides seeing the Grand Canyon I'm ashamed to say that I've never really spent any time in AZ. I will be bringing my girlfriend along so nothing too brutal. Also, looking for something fairly close. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Read more : Phoenix day outing ideas | Views : 2678 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Southwest (AZ, NM, NV, TX)

Southern Yosemite: West Side Gems

After putting in three years of blood, sweat, tears, SoYo has made a huge impression on my soul. The area is chock full of amazingly steep clean granite that provides the ascensionist anything from steep slab climbs to wildly exposed knob slingin'. Interestly enough, the place hardly sees a soul, mainly due in part to the "pilgrims" headed to the Big Ditch, passing this semi-obscure area on their way to 'Lemmingville".

Samples to make one ...
Read more : Southern Yosemite: West Side Gems | Views : 5974 | Replies : 24 | Forum : California

Need some recommedations for this wknd (3.5 day backpacking)

I'm planning on hitting the Sequoia / Kings Canyon area this weekend for a couple days of backpacking. Will have about 3 full days for the trail, and would like to get into the high Sierra as much as I can. I can probably handle ~15-20 miles a day, and don't really want to do much more than some class 3 scrambling.

Just feel like getting out and doing some exploring. Looking to cover ground ...
Read more : Need some recommedations for this wknd (3.5 day backpacking) | Views : 1077 | Replies : 2 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136498