It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:56 pm

News News of Regional Boards - North America

Site map of Regional Boards - North America » Forum : Regional Boards - North America

Thor Peak - Stemwinder 7/14/06

Stemwinder 7/14/06

Finally got a chance to do this nice little route with Courtney Pursell (cp0915) last Friday.

It's amazing that there's a relatively easy route up Thor's SE face, but there is. Looks totally intimidating but like many routes is much easier once you're there. The 5.4 crux move at the start is a bit awkward but the rest is easy.

Once we got up to the upper plateau we saw a lone hiker ...
Read more : Thor Peak - Stemwinder 7/14/06 | Views : 2354 | Replies : 4 | Forum : California

Matthes Crest approach/rap

Anyone been up to the Budd Lake area recently? I was wondering how much snow is still around.

Also, can you rap off the north end of the Mathes with a single rope?
Read more : Matthes Crest approach/rap | Views : 8696 | Replies : 40 | Forum : California

Red Sandstone Road Vail, Colorado

Does anyone know if any of the Red Sandstone road is open? Or when it opens? Does the road still have enough snow to ski? This is the road that takes you to Piney Lake. Thanks.
Read more : Red Sandstone Road Vail, Colorado | Views : 5402 | Replies : 6 | Forum : Colorado

BOLTING ETHICS....WHO MAKES THE CALL?

OK FOLKS...the FIRE has been lit, AGAIN!!!! To bolt or not to bolt (this includes any FIXED PRO...not slings)? That is the question! When, Where and Whom has the authority to determine the validity of bolting or fixing pins, and WHY??? The issue has been HOT since who knows when. But.... Below is a list of some of the many areas (in the U.S. & BC) that I have played on in the past thirty ...
Read more : BOLTING ETHICS....WHO MAKES THE CALL? | Views : 8766 | Replies : 67 | Forum : California

What's New in the East

Since many of us have pages under construction since the inception of SPv2, I thought it'd be nice to have a central location to post our progress. I'll start:

The following pages are complete:
Whiteface Ski Slide #1
Whiteface Ski Slide #3
Great Range
Read more : What's New in the East | Views : 188338 | Replies : 578 | Forum : Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)

1977 Yosemite Plane Crash

In 1977 a plane loaded with dope crashed into Lower Merced Pass Lake. I knew the pilot and his wife since high school. His wife and I are working on co-authoring a book about the incident. I am looking for anyone that can recall any stories about what went on in the area during the first few weeks following the crash. We are not looking to expose anyone, we are looking for stories to add ...
Read more : 1977 Yosemite Plane Crash | Views : 35727 | Replies : 51 | Forum : California

Big Sur Peakbagging

In addition to bagging the Cascade Volcanoes and more interesting technical rock peaks in the Sierras, I've found myself thinking more and more about peakbagging the Big Sur peaks. I think this is because: (1) I don't really hear of anyone bagging these peaks, (2) some of the peaks are challenging to get to - no trails through heavy brush, and (3) there aren't so many peaks on the list to make it overwhelming. Sort ...
Read more : Big Sur Peakbagging | Views : 13299 | Replies : 54 | Forum : California

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136413