It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 8:06 pm

News News of Regional Boards - Worldwide

Site map of Regional Boards - Worldwide » Forum : Regional Boards - Worldwide

Ecuador guides

Are there any reputable Ecuadorian guide services out there that anyone with personal experience can recommend? I'm interested in Cotopaxi and Chimborazo Fall/Winter '06. (Potential partners also welcome, by the way.) Thanks! Woodie
Read more : Ecuador guides | Views : 9012 | Replies : 24 | Forum : South America

Pisco Oeste and Chopicalqui beta wanted

I did them back in '98 and the grades were correct. There are lots of people on Pisco but not so on Chopo. Pisco is straight forward and you'll have no difficult (just acclimate). Probably wthe hardest part is just getting to basecamp (the moraine was fun in '98 and I imagine its about the same now).
Read more : Pisco Oeste and Chopicalqui beta wanted | Views : 1326 | Replies : 4 | Forum : South America

Peaks close to Zurich

Hi,

I will probably be out in Zurich for a couple of days (with car) in September. Any suggestion on a nice peak to bag. Preferrably walk-up with axe/crampons if needed that can easily be done in a day.

Any info is greatly apprieciated!
Read more : Peaks close to Zurich | Views : 5601 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Europe

White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis?

Hi!

Anybody got an idea if there is white gas avaible in Tbilisi and if so where to get it (hardware stores?)?
Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Read more : White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis? | Views : 698 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis?

Hi!

Anybody got an idea if there is white gas avaible in Tbilisi and if so where to get it (hardware stores?)?
Any info would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Read more : White gas in Tbilisi/Tiflis? | Views : 1555 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Asia

Alpamayo

Has anyone been up this peak recently? The most current news I've heard - which isn't terribly current - was that the Ferrari (and possibly a couple of the nearby others) were in terrible shape and that hardly anyone was going up them. Like I said, this was a while ago. Anyone have more current info on what's been going on there and the conditions of the route/s on the peak?
Read more : Alpamayo | Views : 4276 | Replies : 10 | Forum : South America

Estación de esqui en el Puerto de San Glorio

Hola a todos.
Seguro de sabéis lo del proyecto de construir una estación de esqui en las montañas de la Cordillera Cantabrica, precisamente en el puerto de San Glorio - una zona popular con aficionados de montañismo y muy importante para la supervivencia del oso pardo. Quizás no estáis concientes de que la Plataforma en Defensa de San Glorio sigue recogiendo firmas en contra del proyecto y que han abierto un nuevo foro.
http://www.pdsg.es
También ...
Read more : Estación de esqui en el Puerto de San Glorio | Views : 1306 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Europe

How high is the Mönch?

The Mönch has allways been 4099 m as far as I know. Now some say 4107 m. What is the correct height?
Read more : How high is the Mönch? | Views : 1867 | Replies : 4 | Forum : Europe

First Visit

Just returned from USA Breckenridge, Vail and Beaver Creek boarding........first time visit had a great time, plenty snow and hospitality was great. :lol:
Read more : First Visit | Views : 480 | Replies : 0 | Forum : Europe

Looking for information on climbing Aconcagua in Winter

I am looking for information on climbing Aconcagua in Winter.
1. What is the best time in Winter?
2. What is the weather like?
3. How much snow falls?
4. Sure there will be winter storms, but how frequent and long will the clear spells be?
5. How cold does it get?
6. Are the rivers frozen over?
7. Will the bridges be usable?
8. How bad is the avalanche danger?
9. Will the Berlin ...
Read more : Looking for information on climbing Aconcagua in Winter | Views : 9351 | Replies : 7 | Forum : South America

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 558001 • Total topics 55843 • Total members 136528