It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 12:38 am

News News of Site Discussion

Site map of Site Discussion » Forum : Site Discussion

No Posting by Proxy

Although it hasn't been stated as a rule previously, please note that posting in the forums for members that have been banned cannot be condoned under any circumstances. I saw it for the first time in the Ethics forum and have informed the proxy. I'll add it to the FAQs, but would like to make this generally known so it doesn't become a bad habit as we get more members on the banned list.

Thank ...
Read more : No Posting by Proxy | Views : 6681 | Replies : 9 | Forum : Site Feedback

Page ownership switch suggestion.

The page for <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/mountain/rock/155313/pu-u-konahuanui.html>Pu'u Konahuanui</a> is less-than adequate, plus the owner of that page has not been online for quite a while. I think it would be beneficial for the Konahuanui page to be transfered into the ownership of Sp user <a href=http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=58229>Alika</a> who knows a lot about these mountains, and is in the process of making an area/range page for the range that this mountain is in.
Read more : Page ownership switch suggestion. | Views : 2500 | Replies : 10 | Forum : Site Feedback

Are the Google ads in SP adequate ?

It makes me smile, but on the other hand I'm a bit sad to see that these kinds of keywords generate such ads based on the must vulgar stereotypes...

What do you think ? Is there any way to filter the ads ?
Read more : Are the Google ads in SP adequate ? | Views : 5905 | Replies : 13 | Forum : Site Feedback

change page ownership

How do we change page ownership?

Page:
Knife's Edge
http://www.summitpost.org/route/166412/knife-edge-of-the-shield.html

Current owner:
Sierra Ledge Rat

New owner:
davebobk47
Read more : change page ownership | Views : 2300 | Replies : 1 | Forum : Site Feedback

Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles"

I guess there are similar existing threads for "Area/Mountain/Route" and "Trip Report", but not yet for "Article".

Here a good one, concise and informative:

Final Report of Mountaineering Expeditions visited Pakistan during 2009
Read more : Recommendations for Front Page "Featured Articles" | Views : 3916 | Replies : 8 | Forum : Site Feedback

email not working?

I recently registered with summitpost and tried sending myself a test email. It never went through, even after multiple attempts. I received the registration email, but have not been able to send myself an email through my profile page. Any suggestions?
Read more : email not working? | Views : 2571 | Replies : 11 | Forum : Site Feedback

Missing CA Thread

Sorry for deleting a post in this forum asking about a missing thread in the CA forum, that was a mistake - I had meant to respond to the inquiry instead.

The CA thread started off legit, even if it was a bit weird, but it degenerated after the first half dozen posts. In the past, such threads would get moved to PnP, but of course that option wasn't exactly open. Please - save the ...
Read more : Missing CA Thread | Views : 1460 | Replies : 3 | Forum : Site Feedback

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557989 • Total topics 55841 • Total members 136499