It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:14 am

News News of US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Site map of US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR) » Forum : US - Pacific Northwest (WA, OR)

Find climbing partners in the Pacific Northwest.

Baker and/or Glacier Peak any two weekends this summer.

I am planning on climbing Mt. Baker and Glacier Peak this summer, but need a rope team. I am free on almost every weekend before August 21 this summer.
Read more : Baker and/or Glacier Peak any two weekends this summer. | Views : 6442 | Replies : 1

Mid-30's couple seeking 1 or 2 for team - Mt Hood, 5/9

We're a easy-going, fit couple who are working on summitting all 50 state high points. We've both traveled on rope, glacier and steep snow before. We've got all the gear for ourselves. I instruct for NOLS and Outward Bound. My fiance is less-experienced in crampons, but moves well and has surplus endurance. She loves exercising. Basically, we're looking for a competent third, who provides security to the team.

We're looking to climb with a midnight ...
Read more : Mid-30's couple seeking 1 or 2 for team - Mt Hood, 5/9 | Views : 6453 | Replies : 0

Three Fingers Lookout

I am looking to find out if the lookout cabin is still open and in good condition. I want to come down south and to scramble the peak in August. Is this a good time for accessing it? I have not seen any posts about it since 2012, so I wonder has anyone been there recently?

MJ
Read more : Three Fingers Lookout | Views : 7581 | Replies : 4

Mt Hood - May 3rd

Hey all,

Im looking for a partner to hike Hood with on Sunday, May 3rd. Not decided on a specific route, but would love to get into some glacial travel with a more experienced partner. No glacial experience myself, but completed a sub-12hr presidential traverse (NH) last February and am practiced in ascending/descending snow and ice, self-rescue, and belaying/rappelling. Thank, and I hope all is well.

Teejay
Read more : Mt Hood - May 3rd | Views : 5740 | Replies : 0

Seattle in June - HELP - What Peaks to Grab on Hiking Trip?

While visiting Seattle in early June, we would like to extend our stay and spend 3 days/2 nights in the wilderness grabbing peaks. We are interested in something that can be done in hiking boots, as most of our experience is from the Rockies and Appalachians. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good outing that's not too far from Seattle? Thanks!
Read more : Seattle in June - HELP - What Peaks to Grab on Hiking Trip? | Views : 10128 | Replies : 7

anybody doing mt Rainier in the near future?

I'm in Los Angeles and want to do mt. Rainier in the next few months but don't have anyone to team up with locally. Any of you locals planning on doing mt. Rainier any time soon and are stranger friendly? :)
Read more : anybody doing mt Rainier in the near future? | Views : 15104 | Replies : 14

New to WA

Looking for hiking/climbing partners. Im in Everett, WA. I have plently of experience with 5th class climbing trad, sport. Missing the steep snow and ice bit. Interested in peak bagging and getting up some of the 3rd and 4th class stuff safely. So far Ive hit a couple easies mount rainier-miur camp, mnt washington/elenor olympics, st helens. If your dependable and dont mind an alpine newbie, Im free on the weekends.
Read more : New to WA | Views : 9397 | Replies : 7

new to area need climbing partners

Hi,
I'm new to the area and I need some partners interested in hiking/peak bagging. Im experienced with 5th class climbing on rock, have a full rack of doubles to a #4. Lots of trad and sport climbing over the last 5 years but, The area I'm lacking experience is climbing steep snow and ice.

If you need a reliable partner,let me know. Its driving me crazy looking at these mountains everyday and I've only ...
Read more : new to area need climbing partners | Views : 6617 | Replies : 0

Mount Olympus 9th of August ish

Hey All,

I am going to travel to Makah Bay area on the 8th of August, I have never been in this area before. But I saw the provincial park and Mount Olympus and this took my interest. I have zero mountain climbing experience, I have walked up some mountains (2.5km high) and am in very good physical shape. I also work as a Yoga instructor so maybe I could trade some knowledge/a trip for ...
Read more : Mount Olympus 9th of August ish | Views : 7112 | Replies : 1

Hiking Guide, Three Sisters in September

Hi, I am looking to hike/climb the South & Middle Sisters the second week of September, weather permitting. I'd like to see if anyone on the list would either like to climb or know of someone who might like to climb/guide the trek. I climbed the South Sister years ago but have moved out of the area (I live in MD now) and would prefer to do the hike who is a more familiar with ...
Read more : Hiking Guide, Three Sisters in September | Views : 6324 | Replies : 0

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557974 • Total topics 55839 • Total members 136462