It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:34 pm

News News of Utah

Site map of Utah » Forum : Utah

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the great state of Utah, from the alpine peaks to the desert slots. Please post partners requests and trip plans here or in the Utah Climbing Partners section.

Stansbury Mountains, Deseret Peak

Does anyone have information on snow/avy conditions on Deseret Peak, particularly the Twin Couloirs route? I want to drive down there from Boise next weekend.

Thanks.
Read more : Stansbury Mountains, Deseret Peak | Views : 4091 | Replies : 2

lone peak summit trail conditions march 2014

looking for current trail conditions for jacobs latter trail to summit. any climbers been up there recently?
Read more : lone peak summit trail conditions march 2014 | Views : 3341 | Replies : 0

Zion climbing partner May 23/24

I will be in Zion NP on May 23rd and 24th. I am looking for a climbing partner for an easy <=5.8 ridge climbs. I have experience with sport leading up to 5.9. I have limited trad lead experience - I have mostly followed so far. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,

Ashish
Read more : Zion climbing partner May 23/24 | Views : 2993 | Replies : 0

Uinta Highline trail from highway 191

Last summer I ran the Highline trail from Leidy Peak to Hayden pass. I've read that the Highline trail used to start at highway 191 when it was originally constructed. Does anyone have any old maps that show the original trail, or know anything about where it once was? I'd like to run the whole original trail this summer. If some of the sections from highway 191 to Leidy peak are ATV trails or logged ...
Read more : Uinta Highline trail from highway 191 | Views : 14963 | Replies : 7

New Page - Salt Mountain

Started making this page. Salt Mountain is the western most peak in the Stansbury. It is relatively un-hiked. Thought I'd spread some news about this little guy.

http://www.summitpost.org/salt-mountain/887736
Read more : New Page - Salt Mountain | Views : 3231 | Replies : 1

Base jump death in Zion

A newlywed woman died after plunging about 2,000 feet in a BASE jumping attempt in Utah's rugged Zion National Park, authorities said Sunday.

Her husband was with her when it happened. How horrible! Condolences to her family.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/09/us/utah-newlywed-killed-base-jumping/
Read more : Base jump death in Zion | Views : 7906 | Replies : 4

Peaks recommendation near SLC?

Hi, I'm heading over to Salt Lake City in late March and I'd like to go out to do some hikes with my wife near SLC.

What are some day-hike options that are within 2 hours drive of SLC, not too difficult and has great views? We have all the winter hiking gears.

Thanks,
Alex
Read more : Peaks recommendation near SLC? | Views : 5288 | Replies : 6

Peaks with little/no snow in early December?

I'm getting back into hiking after close to 20 years without doing much of it, and I'm looking for peaks around the Salt Lake valley that have little to no snow this time of year and which can be done as day hikes. (I've never snowshoed before, and I'm not ready to learn just yet.)

West Mountain Peak, which I hiked up over the Thanksgiving weekend, was just about perfect for me: there was packed ...
Read more : Peaks with little/no snow in early December? | Views : 6354 | Replies : 14

Northern Utah Conditions

I saw some ice is starting to come in. Wondering if anyone has been down to Joes Valley. Also interested in finding out the conditions in the wasatch, Pfeiferhorn, lone peak areas. I'll be in Salt Lake for Thanksgiving and trying to find some info on the possibility of a climb up the north ridge of Pfeiferhorn or One of the couloirs up lone peak.
Thanks,
Kevin
Read more : Northern Utah Conditions | Views : 3692 | Replies : 1

zion, moab and other areas

have the option to head to Utah around Christmas, but I'm unfamiliar with the different climbing areas and camping options.
what is camping like in the NP's? any available in winter?
not sure where to start, other than picking up a couple guidebooks tonight.
Read more : zion, moab and other areas | Views : 4879 | Replies : 4

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 557951 • Total topics 55836 • Total members 136415