PL-SK-CZ-H Team

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
visentin

by visentin » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:48 am

kamil wrote:Piekna sprawa, a wiec sie udalo :)
Peter, how's that in Hungarian...

Jo napot kivanok !

jck

by jck » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:30 am

Tak wiec zapraszamy wszystkich. Ja z Wegierskiego jestem kompletnie zielony :D

peterbud

by peterbud » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:34 pm

kamil wrote:Piekna sprawa, a wiec sie udalo :)

No to zapraszamy naszych poludniowych braci.
Mowimy/mluvime/hovorime/we speak/... Peter, how's that in Hungarian...
po polsku, cesky, slovensky, magyar, English.

we speak = beszélünk (we speak Hungarian = beszélünk magyarul)

However, do we all speak the "green one" here (I mean in this forum) or is it just me? :lol: Beware guys, Hungarian isn't included in Guggel's translatlation services, so I can write anything you don't understand ;)

visentin

by visentin » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:49 am

It's not exactly in the scope of the new "PLCZSKH" new geographical definition of this thread, but here you are :
http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/46 ... e-351.html

Eric ;)

kamil

by kamil » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:06 pm

Peter, teach us some basic magyarul then! :D

Eryk, dobry pomysl na strone bo region jest fajny. Dodaj moze cos wiecej o gorach i mozliwosciach gorskich. Ale widze ze strona w przygotowaniu, pewnie i wiecej tych dodanych zdjec bedzie na glownej stronie?
Great idea of a page about this interesting region, how about the mountain hiking possibilities there?
A w ogole to jest jakis jezyk ktorego nie znasz? ;) Wielki szacun :D
Looks like there's no such language that Eric wouldn't know. Respect!

Ja sie troche wzialem za uzupelnienie bulgarskiej Rily, dodalem Ireczka i jeszcze mam przygotowana Malka Musale tylko foty musze dodac.

peterbud

by peterbud » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:07 pm

Ok, first lesson, to be on-topic: "szép nagy hegy" means "beautiful big mountain" :) Now, certainly this you won't use that much while being in Hungary :? so I have to think about something more useful for the next lesson 8)

I'm sure Eric will supplement the page with mountain info, the area is worth it, althoug myself I have just peeped into those mountains from Rodnei while trekking there. But from reputation Maramures Mts are great hiking area actually. Very much undisturbed, due to being in the RO/UA border zone. Some images

Pozdraw, Peter

kamil

by kamil » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:05 pm

peterbud wrote:Very much undisturbed, due to being in the RO/UA border zone. Some images

Some great autumn photos there. Now in the EU perhaps this border zone is less strict? Although Rumania still isn't in Schengen.

peterbud wrote:"szép nagy hegy" means "beautiful big mountain" :) Now, certainly this you won't use that much while being in Hungary :? so I have to think about something more useful for the next lesson 8)

Yeah I know "nagy" is wielki = big. By the way, what's the meaning of a Hungarian village name Nagy Kutas ??? :lol: I know there is one!

Another Hungarian words we like is "Ruha Cipo" - as I understand that's written on a shop with clothes and shoes? Maybe at the next Polish lesson we'll explain what it all means in our language...

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:38 pm

I know young people don’t find the old very wise any longer but anyway I'd say: Don't give up English/Don't get backward. OK, use Polish/Slovak for PM's, except those to Peter :-). Follow Eric of France, the famous linguist, and learn more rather than less; forget French – too hard :-); better some Hungarian from Peter who we can communicate with due to the fact that we can all speak English well enough (though old people might complain about a few irritating grammatical errors some of us tend to make, like complicating things by using the "Present Perfect", i.e. "have+3rd form of a verb" instead of the Simple Past, i.e. 2nd form, while giving/knowing the year/date LOL)

Cheers – Yatsek (aka Jacek but I'd better get back to Yatsek so as not to drive Jck crazy)

PS To Kamil, please – while readying the page on Little Musala - don’t forget about the logbook so I can sign one more before I die :-) - TIA

dmiki

by dmiki » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:08 pm

kamil wrote:By the way, what's the meaning of a Hungarian village name Nagy Kutas ???

big well = nagy kút
something with a big well = nagy kutas

kamil wrote:Another Hungarian words we like is "Ruha Cipo" - as I understand that's written on a shop with clothes and shoes?

Correct!

You might find these online dictionaries useful:
http://szotar.sztaki.hu/index.hu.jhtml
http://szotar.mokk.bme.hu/hunglish/search/corpus

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Dmiki,

Thanks for the dictionary links. So it seems the Polish "kutas" translates as "fasz" or "faszfej". I'll leave "Ruha cipo" to Kamil.

Cheers - Yatsek

jck

by jck » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Maybe we should start our language lessons with one of the most important frazes for almost everyone :wink:
'Two beers, please!'

In Polish:
'Dwa piwa, prosze!'

:D

yatsek

by yatsek » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Slovak, I suppose (not 100% sure - native speaker needed - plus the spelling is a bit different): Dva piva, prosim

kamil

by kamil » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:03 pm

yatsek wrote:PS To Kamil, please – while readying the page on Little Musala - don’t forget about the logbook so I can sign one more before I die :-) - TIA

Malka Musala juz sie robi :)

dmiki wrote:something with a big well = nagy kutas

yatsek wrote:So it seems the Polish "kutas" translates as "fasz" or "faszfej".

And Polish "nagi" = naked ...
Dmiki, thanks for the dictionary links!

yatsek wrote:I'll leave "Ruha cipo" to Kamil.

Hmmmm... ruchać = f**k, rucha (pronounced 'ruha') - one of the grammatical forms - he f**ks
cipa = pussy
Sorry to all Hungarians for making fun of your language but that's how those language traps work... :lol:

yatsek wrote:Slovak, I suppose (...) Dva piva, prosim

In Czech it's the same :)

visentin

by visentin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:45 pm

-----
Last edited by visentin on Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visentin

by visentin » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:46 pm

Nazdar,
Cześć,
Jo napot,

Yes, my Maramures page is not 100% ready, but I also made it a bit in purpose; not too strict and not too structured, to reflect what Maramures inspired me - nothing too well-defined, no "where-to-sleep", no accurate "how-to-go", neither "when to go", "red tapes" and so on... You can stay in almost every house, you cannot shop in supermarkets but only get self-made home food, you can hike everywhere, etc etc... it's not an area with very high mountains, but still a mountainous area, a bit like our Beskides. My dream is now to cycle it a bit the way I did last summer in Gorce and make small hikes with the familly as soon as the kid will old enough.
Coming back to Maramures I invite everyone to add pictures in it, and also content. I stayed only few days and saw only a small part of this region.
About languages, it's a bit flattering.. I don't know much out of english/french/polish. Studied 9 years german but still unable to finish a sentence ! Hungarian expressions from some fiestas during the student times, and Romanian (see "romania team") thanks too Google ! (but don't tell Mihai :) by the way I was amazed about how many people speak french in Maramures (in Romania in general) and also how one can intuitively catch some words of this latin language (almost more easily than crossing the pyrenees and listening to the Aragon dialect !)
I have troubles in understanding spoken Czech but Slovak sounds amazingly easy to understand when you reach a certain level of Polish. I once held a whole conversation with some grand-dad the house next to the "ubytovanie" we stayed. As we went to Slovenia I also catched a lot of written things, despite spoken slovenian was about as mysterious as hungarian...

PreviousNext

Return to Europe