Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Silvia Mazzani wrote:A strange fact: the two pages featured today on the Front page - 1 route and 1 mountain - appear as marked with the words "AREA" instead of "ROUTE" and "MOUNTAIN".

That is strange. I'm looking into it.

Thanks for finding that bug, Silvia. It has been fixed.

Lodewijk

by Lodewijk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:33 am

I can't post any photos to SP (I tried chrome and IE)
After clicking "submit" I get transferred to a new (blank) page that states:
https://www.summitpost.org/new_create_object.php

And from that point on..nothing..

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Lodewijk wrote:I can't post any photos to SP (I tried chrome and IE)
After clicking "submit" I get transferred to a new (blank) page that states:

I just uploaded an image without any problem. What size is the image you are trying to upload? What type of image is it?

Lodewijk

by Lodewijk » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi matt, it is a .jpeg file. Its an original photo so about 7 to 10 MB per photo

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 pm

Lodewijk wrote:Hi matt, it is a .jpeg file. Its an original photo so about 7 to 10 MB per photo

Can you send it to me in an email at matt@flytrapcare.com so I can try uploading it myself to see what might be going on? Thanks.

Lodewijk

by Lodewijk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Matt,

sorry for the delay, I just sent you the photo.
I just uploaded another photo to SP (Mount elbrus) and this one did upload.. But the second one failed again (like I described above). This is the one I just emailed you.
Thanks for looking into it.

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:41 am

It seems that photo are always posting with a left orientation, no matter which option is chosen (i.e. left, center, or right).

Marmaduke

by Marmaduke » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:09 pm

Won't allow me to delete my own image, please delete all my sideways submissions.

yatsek

by yatsek » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:27 pm

I was trying to embed a video into the last chapter of this page and must have made a mistake with the code since the page has got distorted and nothing happens when I click "Admin-Editor Options". Could you please unlock it?

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:35 pm

yatsek wrote:I was trying to embed a video into the last chapter of this page and must have made a mistake with the code since the page has got distorted and nothing happens when I click "Admin-Editor Options". Could you please unlock it?

It is unlocked now. I tried to fix the formatting too, but got tired of trying to match up all of the closing <div tags after about 5 or 10 minutes of editing. It doesn't display correctly right now because a tag isn't closed. It needs to be found for the page to format correctly.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
yatsek

yatsek

by yatsek » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:34 am

Montana Matt wrote:
yatsek wrote:I was trying to embed a video into the last chapter of this page and must have made a mistake with the code since the page has got distorted and nothing happens when I click "Admin-Editor Options". Could you please unlock it?

It is unlocked now. I tried to fix the formatting too, but got tired of trying to match up all of the closing <div tags after about 5 or 10 minutes of editing. It doesn't display correctly right now because a tag isn't closed. It needs to be found for the page to format correctly.

Sorry about that :oops: And thanks very much. :)

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:48 pm

yatsek wrote:Sorry about that And thanks very much.

No worries! Just thought I'd let you know :)

David Senesac

by David Senesac » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Haven't posted on the board in months. See the new format. Logged in. In General Forum cannot create new post. Instead selecting +POST A NEW TOPIC brings me to my USER PAGE. Was able to Edit tweak and save that profile info. In other couple forums that did not happen as it correctly displayed a new topic edit window. In General did add test post to another thread. Only seems to send me to my USER PAGE per below link when trying to post a new topic in the General forum?

https://www.summitpost.org/users/david- ... firm_post=

Silvia Mazzani
Forum Moderator

by Silvia Mazzani » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:08 pm

It's impossible to communicate with the other members directly via SP, as internal mail does not work.

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:19 pm

David Senesac wrote:Was able to Edit tweak and save that profile info. In other couple forums that did not happen as it correctly displayed a new topic edit window. In General did add test post to another thread. Only seems to send me to my USER PAGE per below link when trying to post a new topic in the General forum?

This has been a problem for a while and the only solution is to log out and log back in. If you still can't create a new topic on the General forum, it may be a permissions issue. Let me know if that is the case.

Silvia Mazzani wrote:It's impossible to communicate with the other members directly via SP, as internal mail does not work.

Hi Silvia, are you saying that the private message (PM) system on SP isn't working right now?

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback