Report Bugs Here

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
Matt Miller
Site Admin

Re: Report Bugs Here

by Matt Miller » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Montana Matt wrote:What was your screen resolution and which image was it?

Nevermind. I was able to replicate it. Will add it to the list of things to fix.

freakyclimber

by freakyclimber » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:45 pm

The other day, I could not post URLs in my posts, probably due to having 0 posts, as an anti-spam measure.

Yet spammers are posting URLs in their subject lines anyway, like so:

vbvcc-t88988.html

Huh, ^this link went through. Also, now it looks like I have 9 posts. OK...

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:17 pm

freakyclimber wrote:The other day, I could not post URLs in my posts, probably due to having 0 posts, as an anti-spam measure.

Yet spammers are posting URLs in their subject lines anyway, like so:

vbvcc-t88988.html

Huh, ^this link went through. Also, now it looks like I have 9 posts. OK...

I saw your post the other day and fixed your account.

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
freakyclimber

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:19 pm

The image creation dates are not listing correctly when sorting images by date in an album. They all (mostly) have the same creation date of Dec 2, 2018. See below example.

https://www.summitpost.org/object_list.php?object_type=3&object_name=&continent_3=All&continent_3=All&country_3=All&state_province_3=All&sort_select_3=creation&order_type_3=DESC

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Alpinist wrote:The image creation dates are not listing correctly when sorting images by date in an album. They all (mostly) have the same creation date of Dec 2, 2018. See below example.

https://www.summitpost.org/object_list.php?object_type=3&object_name=&continent_3=All&continent_3=All&country_3=All&state_province_3=All&sort_select_3=creation&order_type_3=DESC

That's a search over all images. As you page through, they get older (as expected, since they are sorted by date). It looks like the album context was dropped, so perhaps the link itself was wrong on the album page? Can you let me know where you clicked and what was expected? I'm guessing it was on an album page?

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Alpinist wrote:The image creation dates are not listing correctly when sorting images by date in an album. They all (mostly) have the same creation date of Dec 2, 2018. See below example.

That's a search over all images. As you page through, they get older (as expected, since they are sorted by date). It looks like the album context was dropped, so perhaps the link itself was wrong on the album page? Can you let me know where you clicked and what was expected? I'm guessing it was on an album page?

I'm looking at the POW album: https://www.summitpost.org/photo-of-the-week/181160

It's actually behaving differently now than it did before when I tried to sort by date. The correct dates are shown but the images are not sorted correctly.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:44 pm

Ignore that last sentence. I inadvertently sorted by name. The dates are still showing incorrectly as I originally reported when sorting by creation date.

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:49 pm

On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Alpinist wrote:On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

I'll have to look into that. I did make a small code change that impacted some things related to images, but I don't think it affected their creation date. Can you send me a link to a photo that you believe has an incorrect creation date?

Scott
Forum Moderator

by Scott » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:30 pm

Can we still position photos left, right, and center? Maybe I'm missing it, but it doesn't seem so?

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

Scott wrote:Can we still position photos left, right, and center? Maybe I'm missing it, but it doesn't seem so?

Are you talking about within the new editor? Yes, you can position images left, right or center. See the attached screenshot for the buttons to click. Just click the image to select it and then click the alignment you prefer.
Screenshot 2018-12-03 13.05.18.png
Screenshot 2018-12-03 13.05.18.png (386.83 KiB) Viewed 2456 times

The following user would like to thank Matt Miller for this post
alpinbeta, Scott

Alpinist

by Alpinist » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:56 pm

Montana Matt wrote:
Alpinist wrote:On closer inspection, it appears that the creation dates for the photos themselves are incorrect. The sort feature is working correctly. Did the photo creation dates get corrupted somehow?

I'll have to look into that. I did make a small code change that impacted some things related to images, but I don't think it affected their creation date. Can you send me a link to a photo that you believe has an incorrect creation date?

Take a look at the POW Album.
-See All Photos
-Advanced - Sort by Creation Date (Descending)

This should sort all images in the album. I now see that it is sorting every image in the SP database, starting with the most recent. Thus my confusion with the dates. That's the heart of the problem. (Final answer.)

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Alpinist wrote:This should sort all images in the album. I now see that it is sorting every image in the SP database, starting with the most recent. Thus my confusion with the dates. That's the heart of the problem. (Final answer.)

Ah, yes. This is an issue with contextual searches, both for users and parents (or other relatives). This functionality was removed in one of the previous updates. It will be added back in very soon.

Vid Pogachnik
Forum Moderator

by Vid Pogachnik » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Picture geo tags are not showing picture location on a map. When having a picture page opened, click on geo coordinates and you will be disappointed.

Somebody is changing SummitPost functionalities from bad to worse :(

Matt Miller
Site Admin

by Matt Miller » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 am

Vid Pogachnik wrote:Picture geo tags are not showing picture location on a map. When having a picture page opened, click on geo coordinates and you will be disappointed.

Noted. Will fix in the next release.

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback