Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

Report bad submissions here in order to get them detached by the community. Also, post challenges to existing pages.
Day Hiker

Re: Bad/Empty/Incomplete Pages

by Day Hiker » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:16 am

sarah.simon wrote:@DayHiker recommended video be embeded in main canyon page.

In member's summit log. But yeah, wherever. :D

visentin

by visentin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:26 am

yatsek wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/262716/rohace.html

Rohace deserves being transformed into an album instead of deleted.

yatsek

by yatsek » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:14 am

visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/262716/rohace.html

Rohace deserves being transformed into an album instead of deleted.

An album would be OK.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Rohace is an album now, and I detached the children-- 4 mountains and a hut. Now someone can make an area page for it if he/she wants.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

yatsek

by yatsek » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:Rohace is an album now, and I detached the children-- 4 mountains and a hut. Now someone can make an area page for it if he/she wants.

Thanks. An area page may not be that necessary as most of the things are already covered by the Western Tatras page, but a route page could be nice. I just hope this someone (Can you hear me, Someone? :) ) will be someone who’s done the route (plus that it really is a route page, not another album).

Sarah Simon

by Sarah Simon » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:59 pm

Day Hiker wrote:
sarah.simon wrote:@DayHiker recommended video be embeded in main canyon page.

In member's summit log. But yeah, wherever. :D

Sonny...you just wait 'til your my age.

...errr, uh...

Sorry, the mind is the first to go. ;) :oops:
Go climb a mountain

visentin

by visentin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:50 am

yatsek wrote:
Bob Sihler wrote:Rohace is an album now, and I detached the children-- 4 mountains and a hut. Now someone can make an area page for it if he/she wants.

Thanks. An area page may not be that necessary as most of the things are already covered by the Western Tatras page, but a route page could be nice. I just hope this someone (Can you hear me, Someone? :) ) will be someone who’s done the route (plus that it really is a route page, not another album).

What do you mean by a route for Rohace ? The ridge route ? Well, if "the-one-who-must-not-be-named" is me, bad luck, Rohace is the last region of the Tatras I haven't visited. I hoped to hike it this year but time is running out...

visentin

by visentin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:47 am

sjarelkwint wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/route/223022/mt-russell-fishook-arete.html
vs
http://www.summitpost.org/route/161198/ ... ar-te.html

I wouldn't delete them so quickly.
I prefer a route or TR with a fair piece of writting and lack of photos, than a so-called TR or route page with lots of photos and poor in text.

yatsek

by yatsek » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:34 am

visentin wrote:
yatsek wrote:

What do you mean by a route for Rohace ? The ridge route ? Well, if "the-one-who-must-not-be-named" is me, bad luck, Rohace is the last region of the Tatras I haven't visited. I hoped to hike it this year but time is running out...

I mean two SP'ers have created "mountain" pages covering the summits in the area - one of them is a brilliant photographer who hasn't yet created a decent page by himself and the other is a great page maker who hasn't climbed in there. Bad luck. I wish the former would turn his pages into albums and the latter would put up his for adoption. :evil:
Last edited by yatsek on Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

visentin

by visentin » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:25 am

sjarelkwint wrote:
visentin wrote:
sjarelkwint wrote:http://www.summitpost.org/route/223022/mt-russell-fishook-arete.html
vs
http://www.summitpost.org/route/161198/ ... ar-te.html

I wouldn't delete them so quickly.
I prefer a route or TR with a fair piece of writting and lack of photos, than a so-called TR or route page with lots of photos and poor in text.

They are from the same mountain and the same route both pages, 1 has to go ...

Why not merging them...

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Both are poor pages. For a technical climb with several pitches, those pages are basically worthless as an information source. One at least has some information on the pitches, but it sounds like gibberish. The other has many pictures, but most are not even by the page author.

I'll probably delete both but will think about it a little more. If not for the gibberish, I'd merge the pages, but I'm not going to take the time to turn that nonsense into good English, especially when I haven't climbed the route. Maybe I'll delete the first and change the second to an album so the pictures aren't orphaned, and then someone who wants to can make a new route page and do a nice job of it.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

yatsek

by yatsek » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:39 pm

yatsek wrote:
visentin wrote:What do you mean by a route for Rohace ? The ridge route ? Well, if "the-one-who-must-not-be-named" is me, bad luck, Rohace is the last region of the Tatras I haven't visited. I hoped to hike it this year but time is running out...

I mean two SP'ers have created "mountain" pages covering the summits in the area - one of them is a brilliant photographer who hasn't yet created a decent page by himself and the other is a great page maker who hasn't climbed in there. Bad luck. I wish the former would turn his pages into albums and the latter would put up his for adoption. :evil:

Surely I wouldn't mind if the latter deleted the pages in question.

nartreb

by nartreb » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:17 am

This page needs to be put out of its misery:

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/66 ... orest.html

mrchad9

by mrchad9 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 am

nartreb wrote:This page needs to be put out of its misery:

http://www.summitpost.org/area/range/66 ... orest.html

Maybe we should have a poll. The members can pick which of the two White Mountain NF areas are better.

PreviousNext

Return to Bad Submissions