Scots Team

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Boydie

by Boydie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Nanuls wrote:Yes, looking at it now it might be better to have a few more selections of three instead of the panoramas. Just to give it a bit more variety if nothing else. I'll have a look, and maybe change a few things around.

8)

Nanuls wrote:I reckon a photo for the profile pic would be better than a map, at the moment I'm drawn to ether the An Garbanach or Aonach Eagach ones. I was also thinking of maybe using a photo of the Ben since it's by far the area's most noteworthy peak; there's a few suggestions posted below. I'll have a think about it over the weekend.

http://www.summitpost.org/image/185733/ ... c-hut.html
http://www.summitpost.org/image/185476/ ... nevis.html
http://www.summitpost.org/image/263177/ ... 1342m.html

One of the Ben would probably be ideal as it is the most noteworthy. Personal preference would be for this one;

http://www.summitpost.org/image/185476/ ... nevis.html

Nanuls wrote:One other change I'm going to make is to cut down the Munro and Corbett lists to a "Top 25". The full lists will then be posted on seperate list pages attached to the main GM page. I think the slow load times are caused by these, so once they're gone the whole thing should work a lot more smoothly.

There is a bit of a time delay when opening the page. If that corrects it, that would be good.

Proterra

by Proterra » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:23 pm

Just to let you guys know I've got most of my shite sorted. In the process of moving to my ex's parents second house, which has been empty for a while now, which they're more than willing to let me housesit for a while to avoid it being squatted or depricated, because they aren't able to sell due to the crisis. Dog is at Dorota's place in Kraków. Within 1 or 2 weeks I should be able to get fully back online :-)

Cheers,
Clint.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Proterra wrote:Just to let you guys know I've got most of my shite sorted. In the process of moving to my ex's parents second house, which has been empty for a while now, which they're more than willing to let me housesit for a while to avoid it being squatted or depricated, because they aren't able to sell due to the crisis. Dog is at Dorota's place in Kraków. Within 1 or 2 weeks I should be able to get fully back online :-)

Cheers,
Clint.

8)

That's good to hear Clint. Look forward to reading your Geology & Climate section.

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:26 pm

Just wondering what's going on with the page. Stephen can you write a bit about the Monadhliath Mountains? Clint if you are short on time do you want me to take over the climate and geology sections?

Boydie

by Boydie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 pm

Nanuls wrote:Just wondering what's going on with the page. Stephen can you write a bit about the Monadhliath Mountains? Clint if you are short on time do you want me to take over the climate and geology sections?

Sorry, had a few connection problems recently and could only log on at work when the chance arose. Last time I change internet provider.

I'll give the Monadhliath area a blast Dan. Maybe we should PM Mark and David to see where they are at. I can do Tyndrum if Mark is still snowed under with uni stuff.

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:46 pm

Boydie wrote:
Nanuls wrote:Just wondering what's going on with the page. Stephen can you write a bit about the Monadhliath Mountains? Clint if you are short on time do you want me to take over the climate and geology sections?

Sorry, had a few connection problems recently and could only log on at work when the chance arose. Last time I change internet provider.

I'll give the Monadhliath area a blast Dan. Maybe we should PM Mark and David to see where they are at. I can do Tyndrum if Mark is still snowed under with uni stuff.

No worries, any word from Clint?

Boydie

by Boydie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:06 pm

Dan, I've added the Monadhliath Mountains section. I've also PM'd Mark and David to see if they need a hand to finish off the Tyndrum and Angus Glens sections.

Clint. Haven't heard from him since his last post in this. I'm sure he'll pop up soon.

The following pic got posted last month for the Loch Laggan area. Don't know if that alone is good enough to use in that section of yours???

http://www.summitpost.org/image/492068/459145/creag-meagaidh.html

This one of Loch Treig is pretty nice too.

http://www.summitpost.org/image/492070/459145/loch-treig.html

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:28 pm

Thanks, some nice stuff there. There are already a couple of climbing shots of Creag M. on the site so with this one that's three. Charles also said he would post some, so when he does there may be some other options there too.

I'll wait a bit to see if Clint turns up, but if he doesn't soon I might write his sections for him; we'll see how things go.

Take it easy
Dan

kamil

by kamil » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:40 pm

I talked to Clint couple days ago, he's alright but busy with lots of stuff, hope he'll show up on SP soon...
cheers,
Kamil

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:06 pm

kamil wrote:I talked to Clint couple days ago, he's alright but busy with lots of stuff, hope he'll show up on SP soon...
cheers,
Kamil

Cheers Kamil, I figured he was probably busy with something; glad to hear he's well and hope to have him back soon.

Boydie

by Boydie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm

kamil wrote:I talked to Clint couple days ago, he's alright but busy with lots of stuff, hope he'll show up on SP soon...
cheers,
Kamil

Cheers Kamil, glad to know that he's doing okay.

Boydie

by Boydie » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:40 pm

I've spoken with David and he is happy for me to cover the Angus glens section for him as he is a bit snowed under at the moment. Will hopefully do that by the end of the week.

Boydie

by Boydie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:10 am

Okay, for those interested in meeting up in Torridon that I mentioned earlier in this thread, the definite dates I will be there are;

Arrive the 30th April, set up camp around Loch Torridon.
1st May - Beinn Alligin.
2nd May - Beinn Eighe.
3rd May - Fionn Bheinn and then head down the road.

:D :D :D

Give me a shout if you're interested or maybe I'll just see you up there on one of the days.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm

Hey all.

I've now added the Angus glens section to the page and also took the liberty of doing the Tyndrum section as Mark has not been logged in to respond to my PM about it. Hopefully thats okay with him.

I've made Big Lee's photo of Coire na Ciste on Ben Nevis the primary image for the page as we kind of discussed that possibility Dan. Is that OK :?:

I think that just leaves the Geology and Climate section to do and we are done :?: :?: :?:

Boydie

by Boydie » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:02 pm

Boydie wrote:Okay, for those interested in meeting up in Torridon that I mentioned earlier in this thread, the definite dates I will be there are;

Arrive the 30th April, set up camp around Loch Torridon.
1st May - Beinn Alligin.
2nd May - Beinn Eighe.
3rd May - Fionn Bheinn and then head down the road.

:D :D :D

Give me a shout if you're interested or maybe I'll just see you up there on one of the days.

2nd of May is now Slioch round at Loch Maree, although knowing me it will probably change again. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Europe