Scots Team

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
Boydie

by Boydie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:21 pm

Proterra wrote:
Nanuls wrote:BTW is anyone writhing the Lochnagar section? I notice someones written a sentance there.

I was supposed to do that, but was a bit confused about the exact boundaries. (East Glenshee, Keen) If anyone wants to write about it they can go right ahead, otherwise I'll sort it along with G&C.

Clint.

On the map that I put the boundaries on for Dan, I put Mount Keen under the Angus Glens section(24). We could move the line south a bit to include it in the Lochnagar section (25).

The east Glenshe peaks I put in with the Cairnwell/Glenshee section (23), we could move it west a bit, down the A93, to include the East Glenshee peaks in with the Lochnagar section.

What do we think is best :?: :?:

Stephen

Image[/url]

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:29 pm

I think Mount Keen fits in well with the Angus Glens, so you're probably fine just leaving it there. Looking at the map, topographically, Glenshee would probably fit in better with Lochnagar. I can make that change if you like.

Below is a first draft of the areas I've drawn from Stephen's map. Let me know if you think there's anything that needs changing.

I've put question marks around the areas which I feel should be incorporated into some of the existing ones. What do you think?

Sorry about the size of the thing, the finished version won't be this big.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:12 pm

How about something like this;

I think definitely that the Arrochar Alps should be extended to include Ardgoil and that the Luss hills would go with Ben Lomond & the Trossachs on the other side of Loch Lomond.

We could also extend the Glen Lyon and Cairnwells slightly, although I'm not too sure about this, especially the Cairnwells one (23). :?

I'm more than happy to include eastern Glenshee with Lochnagar if you want to alter that just now Dan.

Don't know about the top one, looks like an extension too, but would be a huge area.

Stephen

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:46 pm

Okaym here's the new version, incorporating the suggestions as above.

I've also joined the hills east of Monadhliath to the Monadhliath area. Although its a big addittion there are no extra major peaks included, just hills, so it shouldn't cause anymore work.

This version means that all upland areas in the Grampian catchment are now accounted for.

Is everyone happy with this?

Sorry about the poor quality of this JPEG, the final version won't be this crap.

Proterra

by Proterra » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:40 pm

Sorry for my late reply folks,

I agree with most of it, I just think that Strathbraan is probably better with 11, and I can't make out East Glenshee yet. From the looks of your map, it seems like I get Cairn of Claise, and Stephen gets Glas Maol...

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:56 pm

Proterra wrote:Sorry for my late reply folks,

I agree with most of it, I just think that Strathbraan is probably better with 11, and I can't make out East Glenshee yet. From the looks of your map, it seems like I get Cairn of Claise, and Stephen gets Glas Maol...

I'm fine with that, although we might need to change the name of 23 Cairnwells to something else now it's stretching further south. Any suggestions???

I'll add the Luss hills onto the Ben Lomond area and add Ardgoil onto Arrochar.

Dan, are you able to move 23 a little west so its coming down the A93 and splitting east and west Glenshee?

Cheers
Stephen

Proterra

by Proterra » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Or we just combine them to for a "Strathtay - easy day out from Perth" section. :P

Otherwise, what about "Cairnwell and Blairgowrie" or "Cairnwell and East Strathtay"

Cheers,
Clint.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:35 pm

Proterra wrote:Or we just combine them to for a "Strathtay - easy day out from Perth" section. :P

Otherwise, what about "Cairnwell and Blairgowrie" or "Cairnwell and East Strathtay"

Cheers,
Clint.

:lol: , Cairnwell's and Blairgowrie seems the best idea out of the three Clint

Stephen

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:42 pm

Modifying them is no problem at all. Draw them up to show me what you want and I'll make the changes.

Boydie

by Boydie » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Nanuls wrote:Modifying them is no problem at all. Draw them up to show me what you want and I'll make the changes.

I'm just looking at the last map you did Dan and I think you have already moved 23 west a bit, so I think it is just the (11) Loch Earn section moving north east in stead of (15) Glen Lyon moving south east.

:? I'm beginning to confuse myself. :lol: :lol:

Stephen

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Okay, Im happy that all other areas are now sorted, so lets deal with this eastern area once and for all. This is a zoomed in map showing the modifications I made based on everyones suggestions the other day. Is this okay or does it need a bit of editing? Either way its easy enough to do, so if there's anything, no matter how small, let me know.

Boydie

by Boydie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Nanuls wrote:Okay, Im happy that all other areas are now sorted, so lets deal with this eastern area once and for all. This is a zoomed in map showing the modifications I made based on everyones suggestions the other day. Is this okay or does it need a bit of editing? Either way its easy enough to do, so if there's anything, no matter how small, let me know.

Looks good Dan, I think the only small edit that it requires is to move it slightly so that Glas Maol and Creag Leacach put all of the Eastern Glenshee peaks within the Lochnagar section. I think this was Clint's thinking also, but you might want to hang fire and see what he says. After that I think it will be all good. :D

Stephen

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:17 pm

Cheers, I thought that too. Wanted to get the opinion of you guys on it first though.

Proterra

by Proterra » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Proterra wrote:From the looks of your map, it seems like I get Cairn of Claise, and Stephen gets Glas Maol...

Boydie wrote:Looks good Dan, I think the only small edit that it requires is to move it slightly so that Glas Maol and Creag Leacach put all of the Eastern Glenshee peaks within the Lochnagar section. I think this was Clint's thinking also, but you might want to hang fire and see what he says. After that I think it will be all good. :D

Stephen

:lol:

Cheers,
Clint.

Nanuls

by Nanuls » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:19 pm

Okay for your viewing:

Zoomed in eastern areas:

and th whole thing:

Are we happy now?

PreviousNext

Return to Europe