Time for Bob Shiler to go away.

Suggestions and comments about SummitPost's features, policies, and procedures. Post bugs here.
CSUMarmot

Re: Time for Bob Shiler to go away.

by CSUMarmot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:34 am

I love the fact that a guy with no useful contributions to this site is downplaying a moderator
I guess thats why he signed as a long time SP member rather than contributor...

keep your pimp hand strong Bob
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris

The following user would like to thank CSUMarmot for this post
Guyzo

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:46 am

"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 am

Maybe Bob's waiting for 2012 before going away ...?

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:36 am

CSUMarmot wrote:I love the fact that a guy with no useful contributions to this site is downplaying a moderator

Kid you are so far off base, I just had to laugh. :D :D :D :D :D

no avatar
workmanflock

by workmanflock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:53 am

CSUMarmot wrote:I love the fact that a guy with no useful contributions to this site is downplaying a moderator

There are a select few people on this forum whose presence outweighs any number of silly photos, trip reports, or articles. You aren't one of them, guyzo is.

The following user would like to thank workmanflock for this post
Guyzo

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 am

Mountainjeff wrote:
Guyzo wrote: many of the IDIOT post were from the Moderators... I would go back and count but It would be a waste of time.

Count them. Vague (read: false) accusations don't hold any water without proof. If you are so passionate about removing Bob, then you must be willing to find and post the evidence. I don't think you will find much if you actually look.

Bob Shiler has done a pretty darn good job as a moderator.

MTJeff, so I did go back and count. Fourteen- that is the number of times in seven pages that "SP Mods" jumped in and fanned the flames.

CSUMarmot

by CSUMarmot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:57 am

workmanflock wrote:

There are a select few people on this forum whose presence outweighs any number of silly photos, trip reports, or articles. You aren't one of them, guyzo is.

Suppose you would be one of them two?

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Guyzo wrote:MTJeff, so I did go back and count. Fourteen- that is the number of times in seven pages that "SP Mods" jumped in and fanned the flames.

Guy,

Please show us anywhere, within the posted Regs/Rules here on SP, that states that any of the Moderators ARE NOT ALLOWED to do as you posted above.

Or, are you implying that just because one is a "Moderator", they are not allowed to play like the rest of us do here on SP?
Last edited by The Chief on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

The following user would like to thank The Chief for this post
lcarreau

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am

Jethro Tull ROCKS!

The following user would like to thank lcarreau for this post
CSUMarmot

CSUMarmot

by CSUMarmot » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:04 am

lcarreau wrote:

Jethro Tull ROCKS!

Image[/quote
YESYESYES!!!!
You are the first person to share my love of 'Tull!

dadndave
Forum Moderator

by dadndave » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:12 am

Guyzo wrote:OK, I personally have had it with this person being a moderator.

Bob, why do you take it upon yourself to wreck threads?

What is your personal motivation?

Who gave you the power to do this?

I really mean this, I do not think I am breaking any rules.

I never try to demean anyone on SP, nor do I toss bombs.

I am just very dissatisfied with your idea of just what "Moderating" is.

Many many good folks have split this site for other sites.

Do you care that you are ruining what was once the best climbing site on the net?????

I figgure this thread is going to be deleted in about 50 seconds, after you see it, but I feel better because I wrote it, it shows my true feelings.

I don't dislike you or anybody on this site.

But I do think you are doing a horrible job.

Respectively

Guy Keesee

Long time Summitpost member.

Elves try to salvage threads wherever possible, not wreck them. Although subjectively, any one person might see an elf intervention, a hijack,or even an individual post as "wrecking" At the end of the day it's just a matter of opinion. AI recall on one occasion I had to take a thread off into a corner, spend ages cleaning it up without wrecking the flow of the conversation and then restoring it to "general" I suppose the hijackers and trolls involved would see that as "wrecking"

Bob's personal motivation is altruuistic. This is an unpaid assigment to keep the site running as smoothly as we are able. Nobody ever claimed that elves would do this perfectly.

The power to "do this" is at the discretion of the site management. They seek volunteers at times, and every now and again someone is foolish enough to accept the gig.

You are not breaking any rules in the above post (but I'm not sure exactly what you mean)

I can't say I've ever seen you demean anyone or "toss bombs" but what's your point exactly?

It's your right to be dissatisfied and to say so. If it's siomething that can be improved, well what the hell, constructive criticsism is a good thing. (I have to say though, taking the entire OP as a complaint is very vague and therefore quite difficult to respond to in any meaningful way)

Quite afew people have left the site for various reasons. In amongst them, some left because what they see as too much moderation, some because they didn't feel there was enough moderation, and others for a whole variety of other reasons.

I don't believe Bob is ruining this site, and obviously others share this opinion. Look around the site. It's hardly a smoking ruin.

So much for your figuring that the OP would be deleted in about 50 seconds.

As far as I know, no-one dislikes you either.

You have a right to your opinion on site moderation just like you have a right to an opinion on anything else.

I think you meant "respectfully" which is really cool, given that you are obviously pissed off about things.
The strawman is evil and must be punished,

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:13 am

GUY,

Please elaborate on this prior post of yours within this thread, and how it applies to the premise of this thread....

Go look at the rest of the pages, in off route, many of the IDIOT post were from the Moderators... I would go back and count but It would be a waste of time.

I must agree with Bob S's post within this thread, that indicates how you basically screamed the same exact words that you are posting here, back in the Spring, when Dave K shitcanned PnP. As I recall, you called for his dismissal as well.

Just cuz we don't agree with a Moderator's posts and actions, should that be solid reason for their immediate dismissal?

Guyzo

by Guyzo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:31 am

Chief...... Its simple, the moderators start insulting folks and making fun. The people who are jabbed try to defend themselves and clarify things, the moderators jump back in and fan the flames (you don't know just WHAT was said because the Mods can delete things that make em look bad and when you look at a topic that has had edits/deleted its not the same thread) So the mods had a hand in the thread drift, then they move it and kill it.

Dad.... Bottom line.... just so you understand what I am trying to say. The least moderation the better, please do not edit post, the missing stuff makes it hard to understand. Do not edit stuff, let the topics and just what people write stand up to the criticism, mocking and hatred that is bound to come along with the topics we discuss.

Late

The following user would like to thank Guyzo for this post
mrchad9

no avatar
workmanflock

by workmanflock » Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 am

CSUMarmot wrote:Suppose you would be one of them two?

Nope. Not even a little bit.

Mountainjeff

by Mountainjeff » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:38 am

truchas wrote:
elf wrote:I, quite frankly, am looking for reasons to ban some of these people. This does not mean that everyone else has a blank check, but it does mean there is a lower threshold for banning, and eventually deleting

Just wondering the context for this anonymous "elf" quote. If it is in a forum please provide the link.

Guyzo wrote:
Mountainjeff wrote:
Guyzo wrote: many of the IDIOT post were from the Moderators... I would go back and count but It would be a waste of time.

Count them. Vague (read: false) accusations don't hold any water without proof. If you are so passionate about removing Bob, then you must be willing to find and post the evidence. I don't think you will find much if you actually look.

Bob Shiler has done a pretty darn good job as a moderator.

MTJeff, so I did go back and count. Fourteen- that is the number of times in seven pages that "SP Mods" jumped in and fanned the flames.

Aside from the fact that 14 is a pretty low number, I have yet to find that many. Are you perhaps referring to the "Off Route" forum, because spraying is very much allowed there and moderators can contribute there as normal members. Also, "fanning the flames" does not really have much to do with your original complaint (as vague as it is).

Another thing: am I the only one who thinks workmanflock may be a troll...

PreviousNext

Return to Site Feedback