Visiting California in October

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:20 pm

Funky overcasty haze here in CO - couldn't let Lolli see the snow-covered skyline as we drove up I-70 over Genessee Pass. Hoping to head to the IPW here in a bit after I show her the buffalo at Buffalo Bill's ranch.

She looks great in the cowboy hat, BTW. :lol:

PS Have you noticed that the HTML code for the happy face is the first three letters of her name? LOL!!!!! I LOVE MY SP FAMILY!!!!!

Yippee kayo kayay!

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm

MarthaP wrote:Funky overcasty haze here in CO - couldn't let Lolli see the snow-covered skyline as we drove up I-70 over Genessee Pass. Hoping to head to the IPW here in a bit after I show her the buffalo at Buffalo Bill's ranch.

PS Have you noticed that the HTML code for the happy face is the first three letters of her name? LOL!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now come on Martha. A photo of Lolli wearing a cowboy hat. Pretty please! :wink:

MarthaP

by MarthaP » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Bryan Benn wrote:
MarthaP wrote:Funky overcasty haze here in CO - couldn't let Lolli see the snow-covered skyline as we drove up I-70 over Genessee Pass. Hoping to head to the IPW here in a bit after I show her the buffalo at Buffalo Bill's ranch.

PS Have you noticed that the HTML code for the happy face is the first three letters of her name? LOL!!!!!

Now come on Martha. A photo of Lolli wearing a cowboy hat. Pretty please! :wink:

You KNOW that's going to happen. It may have to be passed around privately, however.

Cy Kaicener

Visiting California in October

by Cy Kaicener » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:19 pm

I found a video of how cowgirls should dress :D Welcome to the West Lolli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFKyHD7trs -- (turn sound on)

Big Benn

Re: Visiting California in October

by Big Benn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:22 pm

Cy Kaicener wrote:I found a video of how cowgirls should dress :D Welcome to the West Lolli
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaFKyHD7trs -- (turn sound on)

:D

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:23 pm

MarthaP wrote:
Bryan Benn wrote:

You KNOW that's going to happen. It may have to be passed around privately, however.

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Fab photos Dingus.

lisae

by lisae » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:18 am

Hey Lolli, so when are you going to Death Valley? I've been corresponding with cp & dh and I are planning to meet you guys at Furnace Creek on Saturday.

I can't believe I am going from rain and stormy weather to heat!

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:50 am

Lolli wrote:
Bryan Benn wrote:
MarthaP wrote:
Bryan Benn wrote:

It's not gonna happen.
:wink:

Floods of :cry:

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 am

Lolli wrote:Hiked in Indian Peaks Wilderness. Very nice area indeed. Gorgeous views. Tomorrow we're going somewhere towards Long Peak and a lake.
She's a very good cook, you must know that! We all had a fun dinner with Dudethatmusthurt with wife and DaveC.

I wish you hadn't said that about Martha's cooking. :shock:

One day I hope I will be cooking her a Lasagna. Now I'm really nervous!

What a time you are having out there Lolli. With all the SP'ers you are meeting it gives the impression that the USA is just a very small country! :wink:

Xim

by Xim » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:43 am

Bryan Benn wrote:What a time you are having out there Lolli. With all the SP'ers you are meeting it gives the impression that the USA is just a very small country! :wink:

Indeed: I find we are the witnesses of some very impressive logistics here!

John Duffield

by John Duffield » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:03 pm

Cool!!!

Big Benn

by Big Benn » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm

WONDERFUL sets of photos!

Come on Dingus. You've gotta post all those photos as a photo TR for Lolli's visit, just so I can vote on them! As long as Lolli approves of course.

Bit worried about all that rope etc stuff. Lolli will be expecting me to do that for her when she comes over here to walk in Snowdonia with me next. :shock: :wink:

Gotta say it again Dingus. WONDERFUL sets of photos.

Dragger

by Dragger » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 pm

Dingus Milktoast wrote:It was easier to walk on the grass, exact opposite of summer hard pan. But once this glop gets saturated, walking ANYWHERE on it will be dangerous and slick.

It sounded to me like Lolli had the best idea -- a "rear" glissade! You didn't follow her technique?

Looks like y'all had a good time.

no avatar
The Chief

by The Chief » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:04 am

Dingus Milktoast wrote:So what's a post-lolli California all about?

Gray, man.... its all about gray.

Not in my neck/backyard of Cali, Westside boy....

PreviousNext

Return to California