Primroses

Primroses

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Flora

Please post your photos of primroses in the wild here.

Primrose Family(Primulaceae) consists of over 500 species of usually perennial herbs, chiefly occurring in the Northern Hemisphere in cold or moderate mountainous climates.

Evening Primrose, Suncups and Sundrops belong to a separate Evening Primose Family(Onagraceae). These flowers are widespread, on every continent and include about 640-650 species of herbs, shrubs, and trees. Willowherbs such as Fireweed, Zauschneria, California-fuchsia, Spike-primrose, Hummingbird Flower, Hummingbird Trumpet and many others are also members of this family.

External Links

Guide to North American Wildflowers

European Wildflowers

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Andino

Andino - Aug 8, 2007 4:26 pm - Voted 10/10

It seems that...

you have twice the same album about "Primroses".
Is it normal ?

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Aug 8, 2007 4:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It seems that...

No, it's not. This is the actual album. The other one is a duplicate that somehow got created when my computer froze. I don't have a way to delete it as the strip "edit page" does not show at all when I open the other duplicate album.

Andino

Andino - Aug 8, 2007 5:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: It seems that...

Ok then, no problem.
Nice albums you have.

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Aug 8, 2007 5:16 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It seems that...

Thank you for visiting and your votes :)

Andino

Andino - Aug 8, 2007 5:54 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: It seems that...

Pleasure !

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Jul 26, 2008 12:39 pm - Voted 10/10

Anya, it looks like you got

two primrose albums? Could you split the images maybe, onagers one way, primulas another? There are enough cool images for both now (and I plan to add a few too ;) )

(EDITED - oh, the other albums turns out to be an orphan with a lost parent... how did that happen?)

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jul 26, 2008 5:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Anya, it looks like you got

The other primrose album got created somehow when my PC froze, so it actually should be deleted but I don't seem to have that option available or be able to even edit the page. Please only attach pics this one. Thanks.

Dmitry Pruss

Dmitry Pruss - Jul 27, 2008 9:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Maybe the elves could nix it?

Cuz the way I stumbled across it, you know, you hit Attach link and it offers you to search objects by name... and by the name "Primroses" there were two. Of course I attached first and got thinking only later :)

But what do you think about separating primulas from evening primroses? And especially since fireweeds are not quite either...?

Anya Jingle

Anya Jingle - Jul 31, 2008 1:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Maybe the elves could nix it?

If you'd like to create an album for primulas feel free to do so and I will narrow mine down just to the evening primroses. Cheers!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9