Schronisko PTTK na Maciejowej

Schronisko PTTK na Maciejowej

Page Type Page Type: Hut/Campground
Location Lat/Lon: 49.58275°N / 20.00812°E
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 2802 ft / 854 m

Overview

The Maciejowa hutDirections...
Maciejowa hut, GorceFireplace
Maciejowa hut, GorceEast side
At MaciejowaOld times...
Maciejowa hut, GorceFlowery
The Maciejowa hutMeadow
There are places on the earth where we always feel nice, and "Maciejowa" (or "Maciejówka", but not to be mixed with a homonym hotel), as we call this hut, is one of them.

"Schronisko PTTK na Maciejowej" is not a remote hut, it is reached in one hour from the town Rabka. Neither the heighest in the range of Gorce, these small mountains. But perhaps the most intimate, warm, and beautiful.

Built in 1977 following an order of the PTTK federation, it was designed by experts according to the vision of the Zakopane style, conjugated with the fashions of that time: understand geometric, but full of architectural details from the region. The result is not bad at all.
This kind of hut is called "Touristic Bacówka", bacówka being the common word for a wooden pasture hut in these regions of the northern Carpatians. Only ten of all the PTTK polish mountain huts are called so (and subsequently given this flattering status, determined minly by the style and the location), the list can be found here.
Schronisko Maciejowa, Gorce.Inside


Maciejowa has a capacity of around twenty people, with various standards. The most romantic place to sleep in is perhaps the top double-room with the balcony. Worth to mention: one is allowed to pitch a tent in front of it for few zlotys. By good weather, Babia Góra stands splendidly in the panorama, and views also allow admiring the Tatras, as well as more remote mountains, for example surprisingly Veľký Choč or Rozsutec.

Occasional events, such as concerts, or literary meetings, take place there.

Website : http://www.maciejowa.pl
A little eponym ski area nearby : http://www.maciejowa-ski.com

Getting there & routes

Nicolas at the Maciejowa hutFine goal
Nicolas at the Maciejowa hutTime to relax !

Schronisko Maciejowa, Gorce.Sunset
Nicolas leaving the Maciejowa hutEasy hike
Trail to the Maciejowa hut, 2010Trail
Maciejowa hut, GorceField

Reached by the main red-marked trail of Gorce, as well as the black-marked and green-marked (from Ponice) side trails, Maciejowa is a perfect goal for a small hike with children, sceneric and relaxing. All is seen during these few kilometers: forests, meadows, cows, horses, local agriculture, blueberries picking ... It can be also reached by bike and makes a fine circuit.





Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

GorceHuts & Campgrounds