This hut is situated in upper part of Jamnicka Valley in Western Tatras right on a path from camping "Rackova Valley" towards Jamicke saddle (blue marked path). It`s on a small forest clearance(surrounded by spruce trees) below Smrek mountain and its root called Puste. Householder this hut is local urbarial(Liptovska Kokava).
It is also option to other huts Ziarska chata
(in Ziarska valley on the west) or Koliba pod Klinom
(in Rackova valley on the east).
Indoor of hut
- Limitation-hut is primary for emergency lodging, stay there for more than one day must be allowed by urbarial of Liptovska Kokava or conservationists of TANAP
- Water - enough of fresh water in close creek
- Lodging - capacity for 14 people (2-4 possible on the floor)
- Operation - blue marked path to this hut is closed in winter season (from 1Nov till 15Jun) - please respect this!
- Access - bus to Pribylina (Liptovska Dedina outdoor museum), then green marked path to camp in Rackova Valley (takes 45mins), there change to blue path(2h).
- For techno maniacs - there is no electricity and GSM coverage(happily),but there is a stove...
Stove in hut
Very nice and peacefull hut in centre of Western Tatras which could save you a lot of troubles in bad weather conditions on trips to Ostry Rohac, Baranec or Jakubina.