The Hungarian Carpathia Union had already tried in 1876 to build some shelters in the valleys of Zelene pleso and Biele vody. The first one was Egid's chalet on the meadow Rakuska polana (1876) named after a chairman of the union, Egid Berzevicz, but the chalet was moved by the union right next to the Zelene pleso in 1880. In 1883 burnt down and a new one was built there in 1884. The Egid's chalet 2 burnt down too, in 1890. A new chalet named Fridrich chalet was built on the site of the fire from the bricks with five rooms. The chalet was named after the Archprince Fridrich Habsburg. Between 1926 and 1934 the chalet was extended and its name began to change spontaneously to the present one. In 1950 it was renamed Brncalova chalet in memory of Albert Brncala (1919 - 1950), a mountaineer and professor. From 1992 the chalet has been recalled "the chalet by the Zelene pleso".
Open: 1. 1. - 31. 12.
Number of rooms: 10
Number of beds: 50
Other: breakfast, halfboard
Toilets and bathrooms: 2
Address: Chata pri Zelenom plese, 058 60 Tatranská Lomnica, Slovakia
Phone: +421 903 46 74 20, +421 903 36 50 52, +421 524 46 74 20,