Sunny Day on Seal Rock

Page Type Page Type: Trip Report
Location Lat/Lon: 39.96670°N / 105.288°W
Date Date Climbed/Hiked: Mar 5, 2006
Activities Activities: Trad Climbing
Seasons Season: Winter

The movie requires a recent version of the Quick Time Player and is 25.0 MB in size. If the embedded file doesn't work you can try downloading it.
  
On March 5, 2006 I climbed Seal Rock in the central Flatirons with Fabio, Amy, and Charles. The weather was beautiful and the climb was really nice. With Fabio's 70m rope we were able to make it in 4 pitches and Charles and Amy took 5. The rappel of the north face was wild!

This was also my first trip with my new video camera - a Panasonic GS150. It performed fairly well. I was very happy with my carrying case which worked nicely for technical climbing. I found that I'm often not steady enough to hold the camera still for the 10x optical zoom and that the lens gets dirty easily. I hope to further hone my movie making skills this season, but for a first attempt, I was pretty happy with this one.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
lisae

lisae - Jul 4, 2006 2:01 am - Voted 10/10

Looks like fun!

Another nice video. Note to self, add CO to list of places to visit...

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.